I read somewhere that it took Taraji P. Henson of Empire and Hidden Figures — who’s back, by the way, with a second MAC Viva Glam — a long time to get her big break as an actress.
That’s cool. She never gave up. She persisted, and she got there.
It gives me hope! Like, I still wanna write a young adult novel, and I’m no spring chicken (I’m 42). But it’s never too late, right?
Taraji’s new MAC Viva Glam comes out next month (September 7th to counters and the MAC website). Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson 2 Lipstick and Lipglass are $17 each, and I think they’re just as rad as her VG Lipstick and Lipglass last year.
Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson 2 Lipstick and Lipglass
Both of these new ones are metallic coppery browns with glinting golden pearl. Very cozy, very autumnal and very metallic, and metallics are having a moment, as you know.
Can’t you just see these with khaki and gold on your lids? Something like Tom Ford’s Burnished Copper with MAC Old Gold Pigment would look amazing.
Hey, maybe I’ll try that this weekend! 🙂
I think they would also go well with the Mineralize Skinifinishes from Tariji’s collection collab with MAC.
The lipstick has a Frost finish, and the formula feels heavier than a lightweight MAC Glaze, but lighter than a MAC Matte. So, it’s somewhere in the middle. As for shine, it’s like the facets on a brilliant cut diamond, so you’ll see lots of it.
The Lipglass feels thick and weighty, but not sticky, on my lips. Both the gloss and lipstick are pretty comfortable, too, whether I wear them together or apart, but I would start with a layer of a moisturizing balm first, because MAC Frost lipsticks, and this one’s no exception, tend to dry out ye olde thirsty lips.
MAC Viva Glam over the years…
- MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande 2
- A MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande Lipstick Face of the Day
- MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande
- MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus II and Trend Forecast Spring 2016
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam VI Lipglass
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2: Swatches and Pictures
- MAC Viva Glam V: An Unsung Makeup Hero
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam V Lipglass
- MAC’s Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick and Lipglass: A Red Lip Combo That’s Red-y for Anything
- MAC Viva Glam? Yes Ma’am! A Hump Day Face of the Day Using the Too Faced Sugar & Spice Palette, the NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette and MAC Viva Glam
- Metallic Mauve in the Machine! MAC Viva Glam Rihanna II Lipstick and Lipglass Through the Ocular Sensors of Robot Karen (BEEP!)
- Viva La MAC Viva Glam! Swatches and Pics of the New Cyndi and Gaga Lipglasses
- MAC Viva Glam VI Special Edition Lipstick Makes It Official: Lavender Lipstick Reigns This Spring
- New in Beauty, Feb. 9: MAC Viva Glam VII Is Making Givenchy Blush
- Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj Join the MAC Viva Glam Fam
- MAC Welcomes the New Nicki Minaj Nicki 2 Lipstick and Lipglass to the Viva Glam Fam
- Thursday MAC Attack: MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga Lipglasses, Prep + Prime Beauty Balm and Fabulous Felines!
I think the lipstick, also, would look really striking on pale princesses AND darker divas, because it’s dramatic and deep, but it’s probably more of a once-in-a-blue-moon color for me… I like how it looks in pics, but I can’t see myself wearing it as often as, say, neutral pink Viva Glam V.
The Lipglass is much more wearable, I think. It looks more intense in the tube. If you like MAC Oh Baby Lipglass, I think you’ll probably like this as well.
Of course, another reason to like Viva Glam is the charity, which has been going strong for 23 years now. It’s actually one of the reasons I fell in love with the brand in the first place. All the proceeds from Viva Glam sales go to the MAC Aids Fund.
Baby says “no!”
Oh, my gosh. I knew this day would come. I just didn’t think it would come so soon! The Coywolf has started saying the word, “No.”
I don’t think she really understands it, though.
When I told this to El Hub the other day, here’s how it went:
ME: The baby says “no” a lot, but I don’t think she understands what it means yet.
EL HUB: Like mommy like baby.
ME: What do you mean?
EL HUB: Her mom doesn’t understand no, either, haha!
The man has jokes. 🙂
Anyway, it’s cute when she does it now, because she says it in a singsong voice over and over again, like “No, no, no, no, no!” but it’s only a matter of time before she’s using it in real protest.
It seems like it just two seconds ago when she was a little newborn cradled in my arms…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Ready for more reading? I GOT YOU, GIRL!
Five years ago: Artdeco Dita Von Teese Classics Collection, Urban Decay Holiday 2012 Pics and Swatches, BLL Cases Rising, Authorities Suspect LORAC Couture Shine in Sheer Luxe to Blame, An Urban Decay Dangerous Palette Makeup Tutorial: Spies, and Bronze and Gray Smokey Eyes
Six years ago: I’m Feeling the Sting from Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes, A Brief Encounter with Burberry Beauty’s New Nude Cashmere Lipstick Left Me Feeling Undressed, Ten-Hut!, Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater (and Agave) Dual Phase Makeup Remover Isn’t Afraid to Face Anything, Glitter Inspection