Reasons why Caturday is the best day of the week:
- Sleeping in (hopefully). For me, this means staying in bed till 6 or (GASP) 6:30, LOL! I like to sneak in a workout before Coy-Coy wakes up, and the best time for me to work out is the early morning; otherwise, it just doesn’t get done. That extra hour or half an hour of catching Zs, though? Priceless.
- You can catch up on your reading. (See the links below!) This weekend I’m reading that cookbook up above that I checked out from the library.
Yup, that’s Snoop Dogg… 🐶 See, this is why I frickin’ love the library! You can find the most random things to read, and then you can take them home. FOR FREE.
It’s such a weird pivot for the Doggfather (“Is this guy really gonna teach me how to cook lobster?”), but I like weird, so I’m going to go with it!
And for some more reading…
- In this piece, Lady Gaga’s makeup artist, Sarah Tanno, talks about creating Gaga’s red carpet beauty looks, the influence of drag on her art, and what it was like launching Gaga’s new Haus Laboratories line.
- The makeup on HBO’s Euphoria is influencing beauty trends and red carpet makeup. Doniella Davy, the series’ makeup head, found most of her inspiration from a combination of Gen Z Instagram accounts, supermodel Twiggy, Nina Simone and ’70s glam rock.
Note to self: I need to put some of the things she used on set into my shopping cart ASAP, like ColourPop eyeshadow palettes, Lemonhead glitter gels, Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow, Suva Beauty Hydra Liners, and rhinestones (seen ’em on Amazon).
- How war and women influenced makeup
- Mandarin orange is the new bright color du jour, and here are a few ways to wear it this fall.
- 12 essential skin care questions, answered by dermatologists.
- Frédéric Fekkai, the godfather of the modern hair salon, walks you through properly shampooing your hair.
A lovely way to start your morning
One of my favorite makeup artists! It’s refreshing to see makeup being used on *real,* non-filtered skin.
What are you up to today? Whatever it is, I hope it involves some makeup exploration! I’m going to try (“try” being the key word here) an Euphoria-inspired look with this colorful palette.
I know… Not my usual scene, but I’m just gonna go for it and see where it takes me.
And hopefully Snoop offers an interesting perspective on cooking in his book. If nothing else, I’m gonna guess it won’t be boring!
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. Talk to you soon. 😊
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,