Good morning, sweet girl. This pink pouch looks exactly how I feel when I wake up in the morning and my stomach is rumbling. 👹
And this black one is making a face similar to mine when I’m walking into a store and hold the door open for the person behind me and they don’t say thank you or even make eye contact. 😒
Ha ha ha! I saw these at Target in the school supplies section. They’d be cute makeup bags, don’t you think?
On to this weekend’s reading…
- Many devoted “dance dads” across the country support their kids by sewing costumes, building stage props, and yes, doing hair and makeup.
- Every year, 120 billion cosmetics product packages are produced, mostly for one-time use, which results in massive amounts of waste. Because of this, many beauty brands are incorporating refillable containers into their product lines.
- Makeup legend Laura Mercier once had a nervous breakdown on a video shoot for Mariah Carey.
- Who else is watching HBO’s Big Little Lies? I’m a BIG Reese fan, so you know I’m totally there. Anyway, Michelle Radow, head of the makeup department for the second season, talks about the makeup she uses on the show and each character’s “aesthetic evolution.”
- Speaking of the small screen, if you haven’t started watching The Bold Type (it’s about three NYC twenty-something friends who work for the same fashion mag), you’ve gotta get on it, stat. It’s so refreshing to see characters who lift one another up. The makeup is also gorgeous.
- Can you use your mind to heal your skin issues?
- If you’ve ever wondered why your cat hates belly rubs and drinks from the faucet…
- Here’s what I’ve been waiting for all my life: a list of the best kitchen items for cat ladies who love cooking!
- Nail tips from Morgan Dixon, chief manicurist for the show, Claws (which I’m obsessed with, BTW). She shares her inspirations for the best dressed hands on TV. Even if you aren’t really into elaborate talons, you’ll want to check out this piece if for no other reason than the closeups, because these nails are works of art.
You have a great Saturday, OK? I’ll talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,