Back in college I volunteered as a peer health counselor, and one of my responsibilities was to visit the different dorms on campus and give presentations on HIV/AIDS awareness. Even though it took a lot of time, it was one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done (I felt like I was really helping people).
In a small way, MAC’s Viva Glam program allows me to still feel like I’m helping people, and maybe that’s one of the reasons why I like the limited edition MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Viva Glam Gaga Lipglasses ($14.50 each) so much.
Well, it doesn’t hurt that they’re gorgeous, too. 🙂
If I had to pick between the two, I think I’d probably go with Cyndi’s shiny coral. Don’t get me wrong — I love Gaga’s creamy light bluish pink, but I tend to find warmer colors a little easier to wear.
That said, if you prefer cooler colors and/or pale pinks, you might have better luck with Gaga.
On top of everything else, both colors come with MAC’s classic sticky texture, long-wearing gloss formula (about four hours) and light vanilla scent (they are unflavored, though).
Swatches from left on NC35 skin: Viva Glam Cyndi, Viva Glam Gaga
MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass
MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass
The donation resulting from the purchase of a single MAC Viva Glam lipstick or lipglass is enough to provide…
- One school stationery starter pack for a child orphaned by a parent with AIDS
- One month of public transportation for a woman to travel to and from a doctor’s office
- One monthly medication planner to help a person manage their treatment regimen
- One HIV-prevention workshop conducted by a peer health educator
- One pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- One counseling session for an HIV+ woman
- 15 copies of a “Tips to Eating Well with HIV/AIDS” booklet
- Two emergency boxes filled with non-perishable food
- 14 blood glucose monitoring strips
- One rapid oral HIV test
With the MAC AIDS Fund, the company hasn’t just thrown money at a problem for PR purposes. They’ve created the infrastructure to actually deliver help and services to people in an efficient way. Plus, hello! — the colors are totally hawt! 🙂 Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,