Today Tabs refused to return my tube of Max Volume Flash Mascara ($7), and now we’re not talking…
When I offered to trade for some Sonia K., he turned his back to me, whipped out his iPhone, and sent me this text:
“Sonia = 2008, Rimmel = 3000-and-late.”
I suppose he was trying to say that Sonia K. had better watch her back if she hopes to keep the tabby cat drugstore beauty market happy because the competition got fierce! Rimmel’s been hitting product homers galore.
Max Volume Flash Mascara in Extreme Black
Available in Black and Extreme Black, Max Volume Flash latches on to lashes like they’re going out of style, separating and defining every last one of ‘em (even the small stumpy ones). Two to three coats create a full, feathery lash look Mr. Snuffleupagus would envy.
Definition is its strength, however, and I’d say there are other mascaras (Glam Eyes Lash Flirt, for instance) that have it beat in terms of volume, length and ability to hold a curl.
A few more things to consider…
- It dries faaaaaast, so be ready!
- Has a matte black finish once it dries, i.e. it’s not a glossy mascara
- Very minor smudging and flaking after a full day’s wear
- Respectable curl hold that lasts reasonably well
- It’s a cinch to remove (cleanser and water work just fine)
- Even after three coats, my lashes still feel soft and light
I’m saving Max Volume Flash for those days when I want a little more than a natural lash look. Another good job, Rimmel! Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+
You might like Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara if…
- …you like drugstore prices ($7!)
- …you want exceptional lash separation and definition
- …you’re fine with merely moderate volume and length
- …you don’t want to wrestle with your mascara when it comes time to remove it
Do you have Justin Bieber Fever?
Have you heard of this kid? He’s the pop icon du jour, and apparently he makes the young’uns go buck wild! Everywhere I turn I’m seeing references to Justin Bieber Fever, like “Oh, no! She had some bad drinking water in the tropics and caught Justin Bieber Fever.”
But enough about Tiger Beat, coverboys. Are you ready for Friday, WOOT!? I’m so ready for the weekend… What are you up to tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,