Colleges could teach courses in ways to pair MAC Subculture Lip Pencil ($13). Seriously, I wear this warm rosy nude with practically everything. EVERY. FRICKIN’. THING. I use it so much that I’ve gone through about four sticks of it over the past few years. It’s a regular Ms. Versatility, boo, and if you two haven’t met, it’s high time ya did.
Many gals, myself included, feel that Subculture’s color matches the natural color of their lips perfectly, which, I know, seems counterintuitive. I mean, why buy a lip pencil in the same shade as your lips?
Well, for the definition, doll. I use this creamy, long-wearing, non-feathering pencil to define my pucker with crisp edges when I wear lipsticks and/or gloss, and I also think my lips look smoother and plumper with it on.
When I’m pressed for time (or just feeling lazy), I’ll quickly line and fill my lips with Subculture, and then pop a little clear gloss or lip balm on top. It’s an easy nude lip look that also looks great with smokey eyes.
If you prefer brights, Subculture also plays well with pinks and reds, like cult fave MAC Russian Red. I use it like an anchor (lining and filling with it first) to prevent color from bleeding and to keep vibrant lipsticks and glosses in place.
And whenever a pale lippie comes along that’s a little too light or cool for my lips (hello, MAC Pink 4 Friday!), I use Subculture to warm things up.
Oh, and it loves to be layered atop pink, brown, peach and beige neutrals.
A few colors that play well with MAC Subculture…
- MAC Lipstick in High Tea — a pearly pinkish beige
- MAC Lipstick in Angel — a frosty soft pink
- MAC Lipglass in Florabundance — a peachy pink
- MAC Lipstick in Hue — a soft pale pink
- MAC Lipstick in Blankety — a soft pinkish beige
- MAC Lipstick in Cherish — a soft peachy beige
- MAC Lipstick in Plink! — a warm seashell pink
- MAC Lipstick in Please Me — a rosy pink
- MAC Lipstick in Myth — a pale peachy beige
- MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam V — a shimmery pink
- MAC Lipglass in Nympehtte — a shimmery golden pink
Subculture is a member of MAC’s permanent collection, and it likes to chill on MAC counters, in stores and at maccosmetics.com.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow
P.P.S. How was your Tuesday? I’m just about to sit down to dinner with El Hub and Tabs. Two of us are having ravioli, and the other is going with gravy tonight.