Like many romances, this one starts with a dramatic hook: “It was a dark and stormy night…”
Okay, well, it could have been a humid afternoon, but that just doesn’t sound as good. 🙂
One fateful night about 10 years ago I stopped by a MAC counter to get a new tube of MAC Spite. One of the artists there suggested I pick up something else to go along with it, a sheer beige and pink powder blush called Blushbaby ($19.50).
Was she kidding?, I wondered, crinkling my brow. This? It didn’t look like much in the pan, just a basic pinkish beige powder, but the artist whipped out her brush, spoke some magic words (not really), and that was that. One look in the mirror and I said, “Sold!”
Before Blushbaby, I never really thought much of blush. I used to think it made me look like a tiny brown clown, but Blushbaby changed all that. Now, I’m unabashedly pro-blush — a blush ho, if you will (LOL!).
Blushbaby has MAC’s Sheertone finish, and consequently it’s super sheer. The Sheertones produce a very classic, natural-looking cheek flush. The look is gentle and soft, but the pigments can still be built up to pack a little more punch.
I think this particular Sheertone looks fantastic on a wide range of skin tones and makes a great everyday shade. I’ve seen it worn by both lighter lovelies and divas darker than me, and it has always looked good.
Swatch of Blushbaby built up using several layers
It also seems to have the legs to last all day long, which means not having to lug it around with me when I leave the house. No touch-ups necessary half way through the day.
To switch things up, sometimes I’ll enhance it with a little shimmer on my cheekbones.
There are only a handful of blushes with which I’ve ever hit the pan, and Blushbaby is one of ’em. Think about giving it a swipe on one of your next visits to the MAC counter. You might just fall in love.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Strobe Cream
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Blot Powder/Pressed
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Subculture Lip Pencil
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam V
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow