I knew I’d be working closely with the new girl at work today, training her on our filing system and some billing stuff, so I wanted to look as polished and semi-reliable (ha!) as possible. I decided to wear this soft, smokey pink and brown eye. It has just the teeniest touch of sparkle and draws heavily on a few of MAC’s recent collections, including Emanuel Ungaro, Suite Array and Sheer Minerals.
The look was actually my second choice this morning. At first I’d wanted to wear blue, perhaps coupled with high heels, a feather boa and something with sequins, but I didn’t want to end the day thought of as the crazy chick at work, so I went with the upstanding and responsible citizen look instead.
- First, I primed my lids with a layer of Benefit Birthday Suit cream shadow applied with a fingertip.
- Next, I layered the light pink shade from the MAC Rose Suites Eye Shadow Duo directly on top of Birthday Suit using a Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush.
- With the same brush, I swept MAC Mineral Eye Shadow onto the lid and just barely into the crease, concentrating most of the color on the outer third of the lid (the side closer to the ear).
- Then, with a MAC 239 eye shadow brush, I applied the dark pink shade from the MAC Rose Suites Eye Shadow Duo in the outer third of the crease and, softly sweeping with a MAC 217 blending brush, soften away any harsh lines.
- Using MAC Rave Pearlglide liner, I lined my upper lash line…
- … and lined my lower lash line with Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof in Noir. Sweeping with the Le Stylo’s sponge tip end, I diffused the color until all that remained was a very faint line.
Because the eyes were subtle, I thought I had room for a bright pink cheek and berry lip. I went with MAC Dollymix blush and MAC Mineralize Sheersheen Loose Powder in Lucent on my cheeks and one layer of Prescriptives LipShine in Boysenberry on my lips.
The past few nights I’ve been having all sorts of crazy, sometimes frightening dreams. Last night I woke up in tears after dreaming that my mom had died. I remember going for a walk with my dad in the dream, just he and I. It was somewhere foggy, early in the morning, and we were walking slowly down an empty cobblestone street. “Dad, I miss her,” I remember crying, “I miss her, I miss her.” Needless to say, it was not a restful night. After work today I went and got a book on dream interpretation, hoping it’d maybe help me make heads or tails of this one and my other nightmares this week.
And, to top things off, my tummy’s been twisted in knots lately. I’ve been trying to make an important decision about whether or not I should go back to school. I keep reminding myself not to freak out, but, you know, sometimes you just gotta go through these phases.
I just watched the sun set outside the window by my computer desk…
Tomorrow is a new day.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,