Almost, but not quite…
It is getting close, though, and I’ve already started using my 10-minute summer makeup routine.
It really does take 10 minutes, too. No kidding (I’ve timed it from start to finish).
In summer (and sometimes even in late fall, haha), I like my makeup lightweight. I also like the beachy, bronzed look I get with these products from MAC and NARS, all of which have saved me many times when I’ve been running late, like when I’m getting ready and hear El Hub yell from downstairs, “Babe! We need to leave NOW!”
“Uh…” (Don’t panic.) “I’ll be down in 10 minutes!”
The products in my 10-minute summer makeup routine
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 PA +++ — Please tell me you’ve tried this tinted moisturizer before! Two words: awesome sauce. It’s lightweight, easy to apply and covers darn near everything. I like to mix two of the shades, Cuba and St. Mortiz, for a good match to my NC42 skin tone, and apply that with my fingers.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer — My number one concealer love for two years running. I mix the NC42 shade with a dash of MAC Careblends Essential Oil, and pat the mixture wherever I need extra coverage on my face. Then, I do the same thing with a lighter color in NW25 (the peachy tones in NW25 help to counteract the purple) under my eyes using a MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush.
- MAC Pro Longwear Bronzer in Nude on Board — For some extra warmth and definition, I sweep this across my forehead, along my jawline and beneath the apples of my cheeks.
- NARS Madly Blush — Probably like thousands, if not millions of us, I’m mad about Madly. It’s a peachy beige with pink undertones and subtle shimmer. One of my most coveted NARS must-haves. I really do think it flatters a wide range of skin tones.
- MAC Concrete Eyeshadow — MAC Concrete Eyeshadow is like American Express (don’t leave home without it). I almost never leave the house without filling in my brows with it and almost always use the MAC 266 Small Angle Brush for the job.
- MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge — If Goldilocks made a kohl liner, it would probably be called Powersurge (because it’s just right). I love this golden bronze liner so much that it hasn’t left my makeup bag in five years. It’s epic, I tell you! And I can’t remember the last time I took a trip without it, much less forgot it at home for a day.
- MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara — Okay, so the more I’ve used this mascara, the more I like it. It won’t clump, and the skinny brush doesn’t leave any unnecessary product on my lids. I think it’s also super easy to use. A single layer lengthens and defines while simultaneously glossing up my lashes.
- MAC Nymphette Lipglass — This last piece of this 10-minute puzzle is a worldwide superstar. A lot of the time, I grab whatever gloss is within reach (or inside my purse at any given time), but because of its uncanny flexibility (it’s like an Olympic gymnast/gloss), Nymphette is one of my old-school faves.
How about you? What makeup makes up your 10-minute summer makeup routine?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,