Thanks for the great feedback on yesterday’s Aerin Beauty Casis Gloss review, my friend.
There were quite a few requests in the comments for a full breakdown of the look, so here it is!
I always enjoy switching things up, so for this look, I used products I already had in my makeup bag, but in a slightly different way.
The tweaks? I wore a full-coverage foundation all over my face (not just on my chin, which is what I usually do), used two face primers (a trick I recently learned from a Sephora artist) and added some highlighting and contouring.
Before we jump in, let me just say how this was kind of a long process. There was a lot of layering, blending and buffing from start to finish. Wish I could say that I whipped this out in five minutes, but it took more like 45, LOL!
Not the quickest makeup look around, I know. If I were running to TJ’s to buy Buttermilk Pancake Mix, I probably wouldn’t go there, but for pics or maybe a party, I’d do it again, assuming I had time.
Okay, here we go — all of the makeup products in order, from start to finish.
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (face)
- SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream (lids and under-eye area)
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Face Primer (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and around my mouth)
- BECCA Rejuvenating Primer (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and around my mouth)
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (lids)
- Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in 04 Espresso and MAC Eye Shadow in Concrete (brows)
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in SB 12 (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, jaw and around my mouth)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC42 mixed with MAC Coral Corrector (to further spot-correct dark areas on my chin, cheeks and around my mouth)
- Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer in Peach (under-eye area, to cancel out purple from dark circles)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger mixed with a drop of MAC Careblends Essential Oils in Grapefruit + Chamomile (under-eye area to brighten)
- Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder in No. 03 mixed with Hourglass Ambient Powder in Dim Light (under eyes, nose and center of the forehead)
- NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder (under eyes, cheeks, nose and center of the forehead)
- Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder in No. 04 (around mouth, chin, jaw, outer edges of my forehead/face)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun (below cheekbones, down the sides of my nose and outer edges of my face)
- Dolce & Gabbana Blush in Peach (upper cheekbones, apples of the cheeks)
- Hourglass Ambient Brightening Powder in Luminous Light (upper cheekbones, temples, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupid’s bow and chin)
- MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow (lids)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun mixed with COVERGIRL Cheekers Bronzer in Copper Radiance (crease, lower lash lines)
- Hourglass Ambient Brightening Powder in Radiant Light (brow bone, inner corners)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Jet layered with MAC Pro Longwear Eye Liner in Rich Experience (upper and lower water lines)
- Dior Diorshow Art Pen (upper lash lines)
- Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray Oil-Control (all over my face)
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (upper lashes)
- COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara (lower lashes)
- Aerin Beauty Lip Gloss in Casis (lips)
- NARS Radiant Cream Concealer in Caramel (traced around my lips for added definition)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,