I’ve recently come to the following conclusion:
Five-minute makeup is bullsh*t.
Rather, it is if you (correction, I) want to do more than tinted moisturizer, brows, mascara and a nude lip.
I mean, I do five-minute makeup looks all the time. I like ’em. They’re easy, convenient… Well, those are their main selling points, but they aren’t really that much fun, because it’s just not enough time to do more than the basics.
And sometimes I want to have fun! — and I have more swag when I’m feeling my makeup, and when I have more swag, Beyoncé better watch out.
Therefore, in the pursuit of swag…seven-minute makeup is where it’s at.
It’s the sweet spot for me. It’s just enough time to go a little extra (with liner, blush, what have you), but it’s still lazy girl doable.
So, here was my seven-minute makeup look today. I did it using some new products from the MAC in Monochrome collection, but there’s also some Hourglass up in the mix. Everything is listed below in the order applied. If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 😀
- Urban Decay Brow Blade in Dark Drapes
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Liquid Foundation in Beige
- Hourglass Veil Retouching Fluid in Sand
- It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in Golden Tan
- MAC Coffee Eyeliner
- MAC Soft Teddy Eyeshadow
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
- MAC Sur Blush
Some quick thoughts…
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Liquid Foundation in Beige: This is VERY concentrated, and I only needed half a pump.
- Urban Decay Brow Blade in Dark Drapes: This has such a natural ink stain, and it lasts all day long.
- Hourglass Veil Retouching Fluid in Sand: I only felt so-so about this when it came out, but I’m into it now because I like sheer coverage like the kind I get from this under my eyes.
- MAC Soft Teddy Eyeshadow: B-u-t-t-e-r.
- MAC Sur Powder Blush: You NEED this in your life.
You’re so welcome
Yes, that’s Weezer doing a cover of TLC’s No Scrubs, and yes, it’s surprisingly legit! They didn’t change a word of the song, which I think is awesome!
They have a new album of cover songs (I’m guessing that their success with the cover of Toto’s Africa has something to do with it), and my faves are No Scrubs and Everybody Wants to Rule the World.
Yeah, I didn’t think I’d ever like a version of this song as much as the original, but this one’s good, too!
You know what’s weird to me? — that there are people out there who don’t remember the originals of these songs.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,