This has been “The Summer of Taupe” for me, and I call this look “easy polish” because it’s both of those things! A bright lip is the focal point, and there’s just a little definition on my lids for balance.
As for the products I use for this, hmm… Let me bust out my makeup bag.
- NARS Brow Perfector in Komo — This is one of their new brow pencils that just launched for fall, and it’s SUPER good. Big plus: The caps for the pencil and the spoolie ends are both the same size, so you can use them interchangeably, which means I don’t end up smashing the tip of the pencil by accidentally trying to force the wrong cap on the tip.
- Chanel Le Stylo Yeux Eyeliner in Mat Taupe — Thanks to this, I can’t remember the last time I touched a black liner.
- Chanel Eyeshadow Liner Kohl in Contour Clair — I just think this chubby matte taupe eyeshadow pencil goes really well with Mat Taupe liner.
- Hourglass Caution Mascara in Ultra Black
- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination Full Coverage Cream in Tan — [INSERT ANGEL’S SINGING!] I can’t say enough good things about this stuff. I use it instead of under-eye concealer.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Light or Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation — Double Wear Light has sheer-to-medium coverage with a satin finish, and Double Wear Stay-in-Place is medium-to-full with a matte finish. Both are lightweight, long-lasting and…straight-up fantastic.
- MAC Cream Colour Base in Vintage Rose — (I’m all about that cream blush life these days.)
- Chanel Jumbo Longwear Matte Lip Crayon on 269 Impact — When I don’t wear this bright matte berry with my current go-to look, I grab one of the (many) nude lipsticks in my purse. But I like 269 Impact more than everything else right meow.
Your turn. What’s been your current go-to makeup look this summer? Are you happy with it? Do you plan to change your look for fall? Feel free to go into as much (or as little) detail as you want! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,