Even though the MAC Nordstrom Naturals Eyeshadow Palette has been on counters for a couple months now, I think it’s worth another mention because of the value. For $85 you get 15 full-size MAC bestsellers from the permanent line, which would otherwise cost $150, not including the cost of the package, based just on refill pans purchased separately.
If I were a MAC neophyte, I’d be all over this like gravy on biscuits.
Heck, even after a 20-year MAC obsession, I still think it’s a great value. This palette checks off almost all of the boxes on a good must-have MAC eyeshadow wish list, and it does it in one fell swoop (at a cost breakdown of about $6 per shadow).
It has so many of the classics! — the must-have MAC shades you hear about over and over again. It couples some of the all-time great workhorse shades like Carbon, Brun, Omega and Saddle with flashier, shimmery neutrals like Woodwinked, Honey Lust and Beauty Marked, although to be honest, I’m kind of surprised that Soft Brown and Shroom didn’t make the cut.
But maybe that’s ’cause I’m playing favorites. 😉
Depending on the shadows you already own, this palette, while pricey up front, is a really great deal.
The $85 MAC Nordstrom Naturals Eyeshadow Palette includes…
- Vapour — a peachy pink with violet pearl and a Velvet finish
- Honey Lust — a bronzed peach with a Lustre finish
- All That Glitters — a beige with golden pearl and a Veluxe Pearl finish
- Saddle — a golden orange brown with a Matte finish
- Mulch — a reddish brown with bronze pearl and a Velvet finish
- Ricepaper — a shimmery, peachy gold with a Frost finish
- Amber Lights — a shimmery, peachy brown with a Frost finish
- Woodwinked — a warm antiqued gold with a Veluxe Pearl finish
- Wedge — a soft muted beige-taupe with a Matte finish
- Brun — a muted blackish brown with a Satin finish
- Omega — a muted beige-taupe with a Matte finish
- Satin Taupe — a taupe with silver shimmer and a Frost finish
- Embark — an intense reddish brown with a Matte finish
- Beauty Marked — a blackish red with pearl and a Velvet finish
- Carbon — an intense black with a Matte finish
As much as I like it, I do have to say that some of the textures seem ever-so-slightly different here than they do elsewhere.
Like Woodwinked, for example. The version here in the palette doesn’t feel quite as soft as, and is a tad less shiny than, the individual pan I purchased a couple years ago.
You may not even realize it, because the difference isn’t dramatic, but I’ve gone through four freaking pans of Woodwinked over the years, and I swear there’s a difference.
But I’m a freak that way… If you’ve been wanting to grow your MAC collection and just get ‘er done, freaking do it. You’ll get a ton of use out of this palette.
The palette is limited edition, so it won’t be around for long, but it is available now exclusively at Nordstrom stores and nordstrom.com.