Wore this look on a Zoom call with a beauty brand yesterday (it was Urban Decay to talk about their latest Naked palette, for the nosey noodles who were wondering!), and in classic K-dawg fashion I banged it out in 15 minutes before it started because that’s how I roll.
And, um…Connor also had a social distancing playdate at the park shortly before the call was scheduled to start, and we made it back home by the skin of our teeth, ha ha ha! Whenever I’m pressed for time but want to look gussied up, I always fall back on smokey eyes and nude lips. This khaki and copper version relies on just two products.
I paired the eyes with peach lips and cheeks because EASY. PEASY.
I’m also wearing a little more base makeup than I have been lately because I knew that “makeup people” (air quotes) were going to be present, so if there were ever a time to load up on a little more concealer, this was it.
Since we’re on the topic of quick looks, what’s your default medium-impact makeup look when you’re pressed for time?
Makeup worn in this look
- Tom Ford Spice (lids) — a go-to cream shadow in a coppery bronze with the prettiest sheen
- MAC Buried Treasure (lids) — golden khaki from LE from the Brooke Shields palette
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Matte in Jade Olive (water and lash lines) — long lasting, and fantastic on brown eyes
- Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara (lashes) — all that and a bag of chips
- Covergirl Easy Breezy Brow in Medium and It Cosmetics Brow Powerfull in Universal Taupe (brows) — a combo for bushy, casual brows
- MAC Coppertone Blush (apples) — a staple summertime shade
- Hourglass Vanish Highlighting Stick in Champagne Flash (upper cheekbones and inner corners of eyes) — subtly shiny when buffed out
- NUDESTIX Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm in Luxe (lips) — lightweight and moisturizing
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in Tan (all over face) — a must-have for luminous base
- Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in Medium 06 (cheeks) — natural-looking satin finish
- Estee Lauder Hydra Prep in Medium Deep (under eyes) — especially kind to ladies with fine lines
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy hump day! 🤗