If you’ve ever experimented with the bushy brow look you probably already know this: there’s a fine line between “full and lush” and “full-on cray.” Sometimes ya unintentionally cross that line (whoops!), and sometimes you don’t… The latter happened to me today when I stumbled onto this bangin’ bushy brow combo.
Budget beauty brows
Both products are from the drugstore, and to that I say, “Huzzah!” (Sorry, I’ve been binge-watching The Great on Hulu for the past few days.)
Easy Breezy Brow Gel is an intensely tinted gel loaded with color, and it dries to a super stiff hold. If you’re a fan of the awesome Hourglass Arch Brow Gel, this Covergirl product is practically a drugstore dupe.
It deposits tons of color and pushes brow hairs upwards and outwards (especially those on the inside/closer to the nose), so if you’re going for fluffy, full brows with defined hairs, it’s perfect. Just be sure to remove any and all excess gel from the brush before you use it, because this stuff is intense!
After running the brow gel through my brows, I fill the sparse spots with the Tattoo Studio Pen, which like because it has juuust enough pigment, so it doesn’t make your brows look “blocky” or overly filled.
Oh, and if you’re feeling adventurous, it also doubles as a pen for drawing fake freckles. 😊
A lip oil hack for soft matte lips
Speaking of products you can use in different ways…if you have a good lip oil sitting around, try mixing a little into your favorite matte liquid lipstick for a custom lip color with a soft matte finish.
Just dab a bit of both the liquid lipstick and lip oil on the back of your hand, mix them together with a finger or a brush, and pat that blended beauty combo on your lips.
I did it for this look with Pixi liquid lipsticks and a Covergirl lip oil for a finish just shy of matte. I also dabbed a tiny bit of highlighter on my Cupid’s bow to add contrast to the soft matte finish.
Makeup worn in this look
- Covergirl So Saturated Palette in Reverence
- Maybelline Tattoo Studio Gel Liner in bold Brown
- Covergirl Easy Breezy Brow in Medium
- Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brown Pen in Soft Brown
- Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara
- Maybelline City Bronzer in 300
- Pixi Liquid Lipsticks in Bare Beauty and Au Naturelle (mixed together and applied as blush)
- Covergirl Clean Fresh Cooling Glow Stick in So Gilty
- Pixi Liquid Lipsticks in Bare Beauty and Au Naturelle mixed with Covergirl Clean Fresh Tinted Oil in Fresh Squeezed
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,