Hey, homies. What’s shakin’? Despite the lack of posts so far today, I haven’t been out busy doing exciting things. As a matter of fact, I’m still in my jammies at home (and it’s after noon!). I’ve just been sitting at my computer playing with Photoshop and MAC Magic, Mirth and Mischief.
What you’ll need
- A neutral matte cream eyeshadow base like MAC Paint Pot in Painterly ($17)
- A shimmery silver eyeshadow like the silver side from MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in Blue Sorcery ($20)
- A shimmery blue eyeshadow like the blue side from MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in Blue Sorcery ($20)
- A shimmery golden peach eyeshadow like MAC Arena ($15)
- A dark black eyeliner like MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline ($15)
- A black liquid liner like LORAC Front of the Line Pro ($22)
- A black mascara like MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash ($13)
- A matte peachy blush like MAC Blush in Peachykeen from the Hocus Focus Colourful Face Kit ($38)
- A shimmery pink highlighting power like MAC Beauty Powder in Pretty Baby from the Hocus Focus Colourful Face Kit ($38)
- A shimmery warm beige highlighting powder like MAC Beauty Powder in Sunsparkled Pearl from the the Hocus Focus Colourful Face Kit ($38)
- A brownish pink lip liner like MAC Lip Pencil in Spice ($13)
- A peach lipstick like MAC Lipstick in Surprise Me ($14)
- A shimmery peach gloss like MAC Dazzleglass in Phiff! ($18)
- Start the party with a thin layer of creamy eyeshadow base over your entire eyelid.
- Next, pat the shimmery silver eyeshadow onto your lid with a flat eyeshadow brush; I like the MAC 239 Eye Shader.
- Wet your pointer finger with water or some MAC Fix+ — stay with me! — and swirl it in the pan of silver eyeshadow to pick up the product. Press the finger gently into the middle of your lid to deposit the product.
- Now, with your MAC 239, apply the shimmery blue shadow to the outer third of the lid, concentrating most of the color in the outer corner (the side closest to your eye).
- Grab a fluffy crease brush like the MAC 217 Blending Brush and gently sweep some shimmery blue shadow into the crease.
- Next, highlight the brow bone by patting the shimmery peach shadow beneath your brows with your same flat eyeshadow brush; take care to blend away any harsh edges.
- To define those eyes and make ’em smolder, reach for your black pencil liner! Apply it along both the upper and lower waterlines.
- If you’re feeling up to it, increase the drama even more by lining both the upper and lower lashlines with black liquid liner.
- With an angled eye brush like the MAC 266 Small Angle Brush, pat the shimmery blue shadow directly onto the black liquid liner.
- Finish the eye look by curling your lashes and applying two coats of your favorite black mascara.
- Smile! It’s time to add some color to those cheeks with blush. Start by sweeping a peach blush onto the apples with a blush brush like the MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush; blend the color up into your hairline.
- For depth, pat the shimmery pink highlighter near the bottom of the apples of your cheeks.
- Finish with a light dusting of the shimmery beige highlighting powder along the tops of the apples of your cheeks.
- Everything from here on out is gravy, I promise. First, line and fill your lips with a brownish pink lip liner.
- Next, apply one layer of peach lipstick directly from the tube.
- Slick on a layer of the shimmery peach gloss.
Abracadabra! All done.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,