Rise and shine, morning glory! I’m off to a late start this morning… Wait — is it still morning?
I’ve just been plugging along, teasing a cat, drawing monsters, surfing the web and whatnot. Very exciting, I’m not.
What are you up to? See any good movies or go out to dinner this weekend? We wanted to catch a movie last night, but the timing didn’t work out (hate that), so we picked up some sushi from Whole Foods, brought it home and watched the 40th anniversary Godfather compilation on TV instead.
Someone — not sure if it was Coppola — re-edited the three movies together, sort of mixing and matching scenes from the different eras in the trilogy. There’s also some new director’s cut footage in it that I’d never seen before. No really significant changes to the story; mostly, the new scenes are all a few seconds long, but I think they did give the whole production a slightly different feel.
I fiercely adore the first two films and have probably seen ‘em 20 times each, so I thought it was pretty cool.
Give a shout out if you’re a fellow Godfather fan.
Me? I’m Enzo… The Baker.
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Confidence is Pretty Amazing: bareMinerals LipColour in Confidence — Weekend Ramblings
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée in Topaz Chameleon is driving me wild — The Beauty Look Book
- What a pretty purple! I’m lovin’ the look of Catrice Heavy Metallilac on nails — Nihrida
- Must. Have. This. Scarf. — Keiko Lynn
- Cupcake nails! — ChitChatNails
- Kittens. Just because — Attack of the Cute
- Truly outrageous! I’m actually tempted to enter this — Sicka Than Average
- Always room for another 5-minute makeup routine — Into the Gloss
- 8 simple steps to the classic black smokey eye — Beaut.ie
- I do like it, and I think I will put a frame on it — The Nailasaurus
It’s been a pretty uneventful weekend so far. Right now I’m just —
WHOA! What was that!? Did you see that thing?
It kinda looked like a toad…
And now my primer — all of a sudden the primer I was applying became all fluid-like and dripped right off my face!
MAKEUP MONSTER: PRIMER PEST
DESCRIPTION: Primer Pests are an invasive species of toad rapidly spreading around the globe. Believed to be a mutation created in an underground cosmetics lab, they are attracted to makeup primer. Can’t resist it, actually.
FREQUENCY: Uncommon but spreading
ARMOR CLASS: 7 (small and quick)
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Primer Pests inhabit bogs and marshes near urban areas and suburban strip malls — anywhere with makeup counters. One swat from their toady tongue turns makeup primer into a soppy sludge.
SPECIAL DEFENSES: None
SIZE: Tiny (6″ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,