Wearing NARS Super Orgasm about one year ago
I can’t believe how time flies… Brace yourself, but this blog is three months shy of its third birthday already (the very first post). THIRD BIRTHDAY!
I’m blown away whenever I think about it, but we’ve been hanging out here on the side of the Information Superhighway for a *hella* long time! Isn’t that amazing? Thank you, ladies, for choosing to spend part of your life with me. 🙂
Right now I’m cleaning out my soon-to-be/maybe/hopefully office, which is a room upstairs next door to Tabs’ villa in the condo.
Seriously, it’s not that cool. His villa is really just a bedroom being used for storage with empty cardboard boxes strewn about, cat toys, an upright vacuum cleaner and newspaper down on the floor under his litter box.
While I finish my chores and maybe rent that movie tonight on iTunes, here’s a look back at some of the posts that appeared on the blog around this time last year and the year before that.
Have a great night. 🙂
- NARS Super Orgasm Blush — All awkward name issues aside, I have to give Super Orgasm props. It begets cheeks with a perfect, just-pinched, shimmery peach color. Super Orgasm Blush would totally be the stuff of legend if it werenâ€™t for one flawâ€¦
- Aussie Opposites Attract Shampoo Does Double Duty as a Fast, Cheap Brush Cleaner — Caked on concealer, dried gel liner, crusty cream shadow (eww) â€” this shampoo removed even the most stubborn makeup, breaking up the product within seconds. And the suds rinsed out quickly, too.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond Goes Major Makeup — We were just about ready to leave the store when I turned a corner and there, before my starstruck eyes, was a sight of such profound beauty that I almost dropped the shower caddy and slipcover I was cradling in my arms. What I saw was the biggest makeup and beauty department Iâ€™ve seen outside a MAC or Sephora in quite some time.
- The LeSportsac Tokidoki Campeggio Bag: A Perfect Holiday Gift for Ladies on the Go — This bag is roomy, light, comfortable and holds everything AND the kitchen sink while still having a sleek silhouette. If you need to buy a present for someone who carries lots of stuff — a new mom, a student, a nomad — then this bag is the perfect gift!
- Random Musings on Old School MTV Beauty Idols — I put on some of my momâ€™s black eyeliner and try very carefully to make it look just like Madonnaâ€™s in the video. I somehow figure out how to work the VCR, tape the Lucky Star video, and then play it over and over again. Play, rewind, dance. Play, rewind, dance. I learn the entire video by heart. Hours pass. The sun goes down. For some weird reason my parents say nothing while this strangeness unfolds in the living room. Maybe they figured at least I was exercising and not hanging out with the neighborhood ruffians.
- The Battle Against Dry Skin Continues — You know that Gnarls Barkley song, Crazy (“I think we’re crazaaaay”)? God I hate that song. However, I can’t help but sing it to myself whenever I look for moisturizers in the wintertime, because when the temperature drops I feel like “My skin’s going crazaaaay!” Donâ€™t fret; there’s hope for the scaly-skinned. Here are two choice products which I’ve found recently that fight the good fight against dryness…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,