So, I’m trying to figure out what makeup look to wear to the midnight Sex and the City show tonight. Purple + smokey eye = a lil’ bit out of my comfort zone, but I thought I’d give it a whirl.
Like the coral and brown eye I did a few days ago, this look also required two layers.
Eye Makeup Tip: Layering extends the staying power of your eyeshadow and provides extra dimension. Try starting with a layer of a cream product — I like MAC Paint Pots, MAC Paint and MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl — and applying a powdered eyeshadow on top of the cream.
The first layer of eye makeup…
The second layer of eye makeup…
- Estee Lauder Blushing Goddess Pure Color Eyeshadow on the browbone
- MAC Pink Pearl Pigment on the lid
- MAC Your Ladyship Pigment on the inner third of the entire eye
- MAC Smoke Signal Pigment on the outer V and lower lash line
- MAC Blitz and Glitz Fluidline on the upper lash line
- MAC Technakohl in Graphblack on the upper and lower waterlines
To complete the look…
- MAC Zoomblack Zoomlash mascara
- MAC Concrete eyeshadow
Those dreaded dark circles
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Suntan Beige on the face
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
I think I finally decided on a pair of shoes for the movie tonight! These heels are by Banana Republic. I got them on sale a few years ago. They’re comfy, but since they’re heels and I’ll be wearing them all day long, I covered my toes with a shizz load of moleskin (to prevent blisters). Gotta keep my feeties comfy!
I have never been to a midnight movie before, so I’m really excited, albeit a little worried that I might fall asleep. I’m usually in bed by 11:00. Night owls, please send me your mojo!
Are you planning to watch the movie tonight or this weekend? Do you think it’s gonna be good?
I wish we all lived closer and could watch the movie together. No offense to El Hub…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Since you’re here, it’s probably safe to assume that you like MAC Cosmetics as much as I do. Have you seen my MAC Gallery? It’s a visual way to search for MAC reviews and looks on Makeup and Beauty Blog.