So, I’m trying to figure out what makeup look to wear to the midnight Sex and the City show tonight. Purple + smokey eye = a lil’ bit out of my comfort zone, but I thought I’d give it a whirl.
Like the coral and brown eye I did a few days ago, this look also required two layers.
Eye Makeup Tip: Layering extends the staying power of your eyeshadow and provides extra dimension. Try starting with a layer of a cream product — I like MAC Paint Pots, MAC Paint and MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl — and applying a powdered eyeshadow on top of the cream.
The first layer of eye makeup…
The second layer of eye makeup…
- Estee Lauder Blushing Goddess Pure Color Eyeshadow on the browbone
- MAC Pink Pearl Pigment on the lid
- MAC Your Ladyship Pigment on the inner third of the entire eye
- MAC Smoke Signal Pigment on the outer V and lower lash line
- MAC Blitz and Glitz Fluidline on the upper lash line
- MAC Technakohl in Graphblack on the upper and lower waterlines
To complete the look…
- MAC Zoomblack Zoomlash mascara
- MAC Concrete eyeshadow
Those dreaded dark circles
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Suntan Beige on the face
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
I think I finally decided on a pair of shoes for the movie tonight! These heels are by Banana Republic. I got them on sale a few years ago. They’re comfy, but since they’re heels and I’ll be wearing them all day long, I covered my toes with a shizz load of moleskin (to prevent blisters). Gotta keep my feeties comfy!
I have never been to a midnight movie before, so I’m really excited, albeit a little worried that I might fall asleep. I’m usually in bed by 11:00. Night owls, please send me your mojo!
Are you planning to watch the movie tonight or this weekend? Do you think it’s gonna be good?
I wish we all lived closer and could watch the movie together. No offense to El Hub…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,