The other day Lilan over at the Daily Cookie asked me what was in my purse, so I pulled out my bag, took out one item at a time and wrote everything down in a list.
When I finished, I felt cleansed and pure, like the pocketbook gods had absolved me of all my purse-stuffing sins.
Not only was writing out this list strangely cathartic, it was also slightly alarming. Does one (relatively sane) woman really need to lug around all this crap?
Let me preface my list by saying that I AM NOT A HOBO. I just happened to get a big, slouchy purse a few months ago, thinking it would look chic. Sure, it’s cute, but it’s also heavier than a stuffed Thanksgiving turkey.
Right now my purse contains…
- one Blackberry smartphone
- one wallet
- one Goody stretchy headband (grey) for workouts
- two black ponytail holder thingies
- three bobby pins
- …and a partridge in a pair tree (just kidding!)
- one ticket stub for the movie Atonement
- one half-eaten box of Orbit Maui Melon Mint gum. Unfortunately, I haven’t felt like chewing this gum since the minty poo experience with Poof! drops a few weeks ago.
- two packages of DHC Vitamin C Powders (thanks Jessy)
- two black Pentel RSVP fine tipped pens. These pens are the SH*T!
- house and car keys
- a pair of dangly black freshwater pearl earrings
- a sheet of white Apple stickers (the computers, that is, not the makeup!)
- pepper spray
- two pieces of coral from the beach directly in front of where El Hub and I got married in Hawaii
- a W-9
- a Post-it with the phone number for Skates on the Bay, a restaurant in Berkeley
- one Lemon Zest Luna Bar
- one dark chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate square
- a tube of Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour hand cream
- a box of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Maximum Coverage Concealer (unopened)
- one pearl necklace
- MAC Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- Vincent Longo Illumina Concealer Stick #3
- CHANEL Rouge Allure in Exquise
- CHANEL Glossimer in Galactic
- CHANEL Gloss Creme Lumiere in Petite Four
- MAC Pink Treat Cremestick Liner
- MAC Blot pressed powder in medium dark
- last week’s pay stub
- a Christmas card from my Grandma
- one bag of Cherry Honey Ricola cough drops
- MAC Lipglass in Nico Now
- one binder clip
- one 2008 Monet day calendar
- one “To Do” list with 34 frickin’ tasks on it!
Yep… That’s about it. Oh, and yesterday there was also one Fuji apple in there but I ate it.
What can I say? I like to make lists, and I’m also a bit of a voyeur (but not in a pervy way, dirty birdies). Now it’s your turn!
What’s in your purse?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,