Tabs does MAC Style Black
I’ve been feeling kinda nostalgic lately with 2009 winding to a close…
Today I took a little break from oh-so-strenuous, almost nonstop Hulu watching to stroll down blogville memory lane. Do you remember any of these five eye makeup products? They were some of my faves of the year.
- MAC Style Black Greasepaint Stick in Black: Rocking head-to-toe Style Black makeup ensembles might have made for a fun night out (Halloween, perhaps?), but I see myself probably sticking to just one or two of the hyper-edgy items at a time. For instance, I might try a bold eye with the Greasepaint Stick in Black (lovin’ the blue and purple shimmer!) layered beneath one of the Mineralize Eyeshadows on the lid but toned down with a nude lip.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon: Bourbon’s golden flecks lighten my lids in a subtle way, but not so subtle that I can’t appreciate the difference. It’s glitter, after all, and what’s the point of wearing glitter if you can’t enjoy the bling?
- LORAC Front of the Line Pro Liner: Drawing crisp, dark, dramatic lines is easy-peasy with this liquid pen liner. The genius lies in Lorac’s firm felt tip pen. It glides smoothly against skin, depositing sharp lines with precision — fantastic for cat eyeliner looks.
- Lancome Declaring Indigo Ink Artliner in Indigo Charm: Ink Artliner in Indigo Charm ($24) is captivating in her shimmery, intensely pigmented indigo blue. A gel liner that doesn’t budge for nuthin’, she stays on my lids all day long without smudging, and I think she totes makes brown eyes *pop*. The thick, semi-wet formula — easy to apply and control — should also be great for gel liner neophytes and lazy girls (like moi).
- Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow in Heather: Heather’s a matte mauve confection from Bobbi’s recent Platinum Collection, and to steal a tune from J-Timberlake in those McDonald’s commercials, “Bah-dah-dah-dah-daaah… I’m lovin’ it!” I found Heather super easy to apply and blend. The purple has enough pigmentation in it to be noticeable on my eyes, but it’s not so obnoxiously bright that I look like I’m heading to a Barney convention.
I can’t believe the weekend’s almost over, le sigh… I hope you had a nice one.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,