Wearing Paul & Joe Blusher Stick in Minou on my cheeks and Glamour Puss on my upper cheekbones
Apparently, the recipe for shifting one’s crazy cat lady levels from relatively normal to full-on insane calls for kitties, blush, top hats and bow ties. Thank you, Paul & Joe, for unleashing this knowledge unto the world! Now, armed with your new Blusher Sticks ($28 each), I can realize my true CCL potential. 🙂
Part cream blush, part art project, these three Blusher Sticks — matte pink Minou, matte orange Catfight and shimmery beige Glamour Puss — just might be the cutest pieces of makeup I have ever seen.
Blusher Sticks from the left: Minou, Catfight and Glamour Puss
Blusher Stick swatches from the left: Minou, Glamour Puss and Catfight
Wearing Paul & Joe Blusher Stick in Catfight on my cheeks and Glamour Puss on my upper cheekbones
I thought the two brighter shades looked wicked scary in their tubes, but I was surprised to see them apply surprisingly sheer. I’ve been using between 2-4 layers of each, depending on how intense I want my cheek color.
As for the lighter shade, Glamour Puss, I’ve been wearing it as a highlighter on my upper cheekbones and have been doing my darnedest to protect the cat design at the top of the stick (I can’t help it!), so I grab color from the back of the stick by swiping it against my cheek, and then blend out the edges with a finger.
Layers seem to bring out the best in these kitties. 🙂 Texture-wise, they remind me a lot of the NARS Multiples, with a similarly thin, dry texture. When I apply them atop foundation followed by a matching powder blush, I get about six hours of color; worn without the powder, though, I get from 2-4.
And I probably won’t be wearing these alone again on bare skin, because when I did, they disappeared in about an hour.
For a sheer, natural-looking cheek, I think these are as fun as felines. I just wish they lasted a little longer without requiring multiple layers.
If you do decide to adopt some of these but can’t bear to destroy the kitty designs, they’d make awfully adorable creative displays…perhaps under a small glass dome, like this one from Pottery Barn.
PRICE: $36 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Paul & Joe counters and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+/A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more on Paul & Joe’s Kitten Collection and Collection Sparkles, check out…
- Be Catwalk Ready Right Meow With Paul & Joe Spring 2012
- This Kittycat Sparkles in Purple, Pink and Beige: The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Kittycat
- Now There’s a Smooth Cat: The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Siamese Please
- The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Purr-Fect Is Perfect for Soft Green Smokey Eyes
- It Was Love at First Blush for These Kittens: The New Kitten Collection Blusher Sticks From Paul & Joe
- I’m Still Fawning Over the Paul & Joe Kitten Collection, Today With a Twist on an OmbrÃ¨ Manicure
- They Left Their Paw Prints on My Heart, But I’m Still Gonna Knead a Little More From Paul & Joe’s New Lipstick Cs
- Paul & Joe Waterproof Gel Eye Liner: Water Doesn’t Bother This Kitty Cat