Fellow MACaholics, is your wish list ready for MAC’s latest Friends & Family sale?
Good online only, the promotion runs today through June 18. Use coupon code SUMO (or try SAVE25 if SUMO doesn’t work), et, voila — 25% off purchases made on maccosmetics.com (valid in the US and Canada).
If you’re not able to take advantage of the sale this time around, no worries; MAC holds these sales a few times/year.
Not sure what to get with your discount? Well, it’s the trying to decide that’s my favorite part. 🙂
Here are some ideas among products that are currently available…
My MAC Must Haves!
- MAC Russian Red Lipstick ($14; $10.50 after discount): “When I finally got my hands on MAC’s Russian Red lipstick, I had a minor Madonna fan freak-out moment. Madge rocked the Russian Red in her late-80s Blonde Ambition era. Remember the Express Yourself and Vogue videos? I taped them on MTV and replayed the sh*t out of both until my mom yelled at me to ‘turn it off!’ Parents just don’t understand.”
- MAC Wipes Take it All Off ($24.50; $18 after discount): “These wipes work great. As usual, MAC’s got game. A single MAC Wipe removes all of my makeup, even waterproof mascara, and smells fresh and clean (like flowers and soap). The wipes don’t leave a sticky film on my skin, either, like Pond’s Clean Sweep wipes do.”
- Cork, Soba, Brun and Concrete aka a Few Great Non-Orangey Brown Eyeshadows ($14.50 each; $11 after discount): “I can’t live without my MAC browns, so I raided my stash and found a couple non-orangey options.”
- MAC Fix+ Rose ($17; $12.85 after discount ): “MAC took spring and rose waters and infused them with minerals, and the resulting face spray feels about as refreshing on my skin as anything I could imagine.”
- MAC Blot Film ($12.50; $9.30 after discount): “It cuts down on the shine and leaves skin looking super matte without leaving a powdery residue.”
- MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder ($21; $15.75 after discount): “Prep+Prime Finishing Powder looks natural when I dust it on my face with a powder brush. The finely milled powder melts right into the foundation. It never looks caked on or heavy and doesn’t leave one of those white, ashy casts.”
- Two of my favorite MAC Greens — Humid Eyeshadow ($14.50; $11 after discount) and Golden Olive Pigment ($19.50; $14.60 after discount): “When I wear green eyeshadow, I usually try to work it into some sort of smokey variation, but for St. Patrick’s Day today I thought I’d try something with a little shimmer.”
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow ($14.50; $11 after discount): “Have you met MAC Amber lights? She’s a shimmery peach and bronze eyeshadow from MAC’s permanent collection.”
- A few Mighty MAC Crease Brushes: “The 217 Blending Brush ($22.50; $17 after discount), the 219 Pencil Brush ($22.50, $17 after discount), and the 224 Tapered Blending Brush ($22.50; $17 after discount)>.”
- MAC Club and Woodwinked Eye Shadows ($14.50 each; $11 after discount): “I could write sonnets on both of these colors, as they’ve seen me through a lot over the past few years. Club, a shimmery duochorome, flashes from green to brown, and Woodwinked is a warm, shimmery gold. Today I paired ’em for this easy, breezy, work-friendly daytime eye.”
- Get Eyes That Pop with MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl ($16.50; $12.40 after discount): “MAC’s Cream Color Base in Pearl ($16.50) makes colors really pop, taking eyeshadow to a brighter, bolder, and more diva-superstar level. With Cream Color Base, your eyeshadow is like an A-list celeb; without it, it’s like Jen Bunney from The Hills.”
What are your MAC must-have products, and are you stocking up for the Friends & Family sale?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Still need help making a decision? This article suggests maybe some brushes. 🙂