It’s not like a Mariah Carey diva spotlight shot down from the heavens in the middle of Trader Joe’s yesterday, but one might as well have. I was standing in front of the eggs gawking at an empty section on the top shelf where the liquid egg whites were supposed to be. Connor was sitting in the cart, and I looked at her and said, “THERE’S NOOOOO MORRRRRRRRE!” perhaps a little too loudly (and my family wonders where she gets her expressive tendencies).
I was wearing, by the way, one of the two new MAC Patrick Starrr Face Kits with purple matte lips, a peachy mauve lid with blue liner, and plum cheeks…
It was subtle though. 🙂 It wasn’t too crazy for Trader Joe’s at two on a Tuesday afternoon, and I know this because none of the seniors from the nearby senior center shot me side eye while I was eyeing the pre-made salads.
Cut back to scene: me standing there with my arms outstretched to the heavens (the florescent ceiling lights) and saying, “THERE’S NOOOOO MORRRRRRRRE!” and this dude who was restocking a display of asparagus nearby said, “There’s no what, miss?”
And I was like, “EXCUSE ME? Did you call me MISS?” And I momentarily forgot that I wanted the egg whites to make overnight oats for my breakfast tomorrow because nobody — and I mean NOBODY — calls me miss anymore.
I mean…I feel like I look pretty young for my age, but I get called ma’am now, and it doesn’t help that I walk around with a grumpy piano teacher face all the time because I’m so friggin’ tired, and my lips are pursed, my jaw is clenched, and my hair’s up in a severe bun so the baby doesn’t pull it when she’s TT-ing (toddler tantrum-ing). But yesterday my locks were loose and flowing, and I was wearing this Me So Fleek Face Kit.
So I was workin’ it, son. 🙂
And maybe I had a little of Patrick Starrr’s sparkle radiating off me…?
All I know is that ASPARAGUS DUDE STRAIGHT UP CALLED ME MISS. Then he went in the back to check if there were any more cartons of liquid egg whites waiting to be taken out (there weren’t).
Still, it was a good day. 🙂
MAC Patrick Starr Me So Fleek Face Kit
$49.50, coming to select MAC locations and the MAC website starting April 19th
- Blush will go ’80s on you real quick (so diffuse it).
- Quad is totally wearable, even with no sign of a golden matte brown in sight (I KNOW, WHO AM I?!). Mix the matte pink mauve and shimmery gold together, and put it on your lids. DO IT. Peeps at TJ’s will think you’re in your 20s.
- Best thing is the lipstick — so smooth, even on flaky lips. If I were new money and careless, I’d wear pointy Gucci heels that hurt my feet, walk into Z Gallerie and ask for the biggest brushed suede pillows in the exact pinky plum shade. Then I’d arrange them carefully on my white tufted living room sectional, and take pictures of myself not smiling in front of them for Instagram.
- Lipglass is pigmented enough to stand on its own.
- I like this entire kit a lot more than I thought I would. It’s colorful but still wearable.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,