- These two new highlighting palettes are bound for the MAC permanent line, and each has three powder highlighters boasting a formula that I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen from MAC before…
- They’re $39.50 each and coming February 15th to all the usual MAC haunts.
- Get It Glowing is all about golden bronze, and Flash + Awe lives for rose gold.
- These look exactly like the MAC In Extra Dimension Highlighters on my skin. They’re high-beam headlight highlighters with a flattering opalescent shine, and they feel like a BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder.
- Essentially, they’re MAC in a BECCA body. They feel a lot like the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powders and look similar on skin. They have that same practical pearly finish that you can dial up to full-tilt frost, or dial down for a subtler glow.
- While similar to BECCA’s beauties, these feel considerably softer and creamier, which is incredible, because BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powders have been some of the softest, creamiest powder highlighter on the block for years.
The Hyper Reals feel a little springy and spongy to the touch, and when you press a finger into a pan, it actually leaves a fingerprint behind (!).
- The packaging reminds me of the long, slim cardboard MAC Girls eyeshadow palettes… I’m not crazy about it, actually. I hope they replace it soon, because the powders feel delicate, and I’m pretty sure they’ll break easily. A few hard knocks inside a makeup bag, and I suspect they’ll shatter.
- I thought these might be hard to wear because of how frosty they look in the pans, but once they’re blended, all I see is a soft, pearly highlight, even around the smile lines near my eyes. That’s good stuff! 🙂
- Girl, these are a GO! (Just don’t drop them.)
Gold Coasting/Get It Glowin’/Rosy Cheer — Ingredients: Talc, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Diisostearl Malate, Octydodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polybutene, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Acorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Isopropyl Isostearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499) Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 7742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)]
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Have a terrific Tuesday. 🙂