What’s an unsung makeup hero? For me, it’s an oftentimes underrated makeup morsel, a permanent collection product that scoots under the radar screen of many makeup lovers but regularly rocks my world. The long-running Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorites.
I’m totally over pervy names for beauty products (Anyone else? I feel like it’s just lazy language!), but the Urban Decay Stay Naked Threesome is one of the best everyday products in the entire line, so I just shake my head, accept the perviness, and call it my favorite bronzer-blush-highlighting palette instead.
This trio of fab face powders comes in light, medium and dark options. I use the medium one called…wait for it…Naked.
UD often has a well-deserved rep for bold bling-bling products, but this palette is surprisingly subdued. It’s really a workhorse because it removes the guesswork from picking products for perfectly flushed cheeks.
Naked includes a warm medium golden bronzer (don’t worry, it’s not too orange) with a soft sheen finish, a warm golden beige highlighter with a pearly finish, and a matte warm pink blush.
The delicate powders have a dainty, Chanel-esque quality when they’re on my cheeks, which I love (ya girl cannot do overly aggressive powdery powders now that
her pores have been ballooned due to age she’s older/wiser 😜). All three are pigmented, too, yet I can still blend and smooth any edges with ease.
More to love…
- The colors last all day.
- Sturdy, secure packaging with a big mirror (Side note: It does not include a brush, which I’m cool with because I end up using my own anyway.)
- Works great with both warm and cool lip colors — particularly pinks, reds and corals.
- Bronzer and highlighter can double as a eyeshadows in a pinch.
- BASE: First Aid Beauty Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer, It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Foundation + Skincare in Tan Warm 41, Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in Medium EC06, Estee Lauder Hydra Prep 24HR Concealer in Medium Deep Warm, Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder in Translucent Honey
- EYES: MAC Brun and Urban Decay Brow Beater in Neutral Brown (brows), NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Light (eyeshadow base), MAC Brule (all over lid), MAC Cork (lower lash lines and lids), MAC Saddle (crease), Chanel Black Wood with a little MAC Brun smudged on top (liner) Urban Decay Cannonball with Bite Beauty Upswing (mascara)
- LIPS: MAC Powder Kiss Liquid Lipstick in Crossfade mixed with Sorry Not Sorry
Oh, and if you’re feeling too lazy to do a separate blush, bronzer and highlighter, just swirl all three powders together with a large face brush, and blend a light layer over bare cheeks or your favorite tinted moisturizer. Magic, I tell ya!
Naked is totally worth the coveted space in your everyday makeup bag. It’s $36, and you can find it now in the Urban Decay permanent line.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,