Wearing Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils in Sin, Lit and Morphine
The new Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils ($20) are the jam, but if you’re gonna do any blending you’ve gotta work hella fast.
“Run, Forest, run!”
Clockwise from lower left: Barracuda, Rehab, Delinquent, Wasteland, Clash, Clinic, Mercury, Midnight Cowboy, Lit, Sin, Narc and Morphine
New for spring 2011, these 12 creamy shadows in a stick are spin-offs of Urban Decay’s famed 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils. They’re just as smudge- and crease-proof as the originals with the same smoooove texture.
The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencilsâ€¦
- Barracuda: a shimmery black with silver glitter
- Clash: a shimmery teal with silver glitter
- Clinic: a shimmery peacock feather green with glitter
- Delinquent a shimmery deep purple with violet glitter
- Lit: a shimmery warm bronze
- Mercury: a shimmery gunmetal gray
- Midnight Cowboy: a shimmery beige with golden glitter
- Morphine: an iridescent lilac
- Narc: a shimmery moss green
- Rehab: a shimmery brownish taupe
- Sin: a shimmery champagne
- Wasteland: a shimmery dark brown
For all my ladies in the sisterhood of the perpetually 15 minutes late, the 24/7 Shadow Pencils should do you right, especially if you love wearing lid looks with a single shadow. One swipe draws solid, shimmery color — it’s like instant eyeshadow gratification in a stick.
As for beauties who love intricate blending, well, heed the sage advice of ’80s pop star Paula Abdul and rush, rush, because these shadows dry fast — we’re talkin’ less than a minute.
Could Keanu Reeves be any hotter in this video? For real though!
Yeah, eye looks with lots of blending and gradients are still totally doable with these, but you just have to work fast to smooth out the edges where the colors transition into one another.
Swatches from left: Barracuda, Rehab, Delinquent, Clash
Clinic, Mercury, Midnight Cowboy, Lit
Sin, Wasteland, Narc, Morphine
Sin (inner corner), Lit (center of lid) and Morphine (outer corner)
More stuff to love about the 24/7 Shadow Pencilsâ€¦
- Cruelty-free formula: Like all of Urban Decay’s makeup, the 24/7 Shadow Pencils are vegan and weren’t tested on animals, which earns two big paws up from Tabs.
- Travel-friendly for girls on the go: Looking to lighten your load? Throw one of these bad boys into your makeup bag, and you can skip your eye primer and eye brushes.
- Multitasking monsters: These should work great as bases for powder shadows, too!
Urban Decay really did their fans right with the Shadow Pencils, and I hope the rest of the spring line is just as fantastic. Kudos, UD!
AVAILABILITY: At Sephora, Ulta, select Macy’s stores and online soon
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,