I have always clung to the belief that a woman can never have too many black shoes, black purses or black eyeliners. It’s a world view I sometimes refer to as “smart hoarding,” and while it makes perfect sense to me, non-believers like El Hub consider it just plain ridiculous.
Maybe it is, but that doesn’t change the fact that I was pretty much pre-ordained to like the new 3 Assorted Black Eye Liners boxed set from the MAC Packed To Go collection of travel exclusives (click here for a full list of boxed sets in the release).
What are MAC travel exclusives?
Well, MAC isn’t the only brand with them, but travel exclusives are individual products (and sometimes entire collections) sold primarily through domestic and international travel hubs like airports and duty free stores. Prices and availability can vary widely, but tracking ‘em down can be a lot of fun!
This particular boxed set, one of many in MAC’s new lineup of spring 2011 travel exclusives, comes with three full-size MAC eyeliners — the Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and Penultimate Liner in Rapidblack — in subtly different shades of black.
- The mighty Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline’s a must for black liner enthusiasts AND cat ladies alike. A true black matte, it applies sans any blue or green undertones at all (an issue I have with MAC Smolder), and I love, LOVE layering it beneath powder shadows for super quick smokey eyes.
- Waterproof Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved feels softer than my favorite tabby’s squishy tum. It’s a long-wearing pencil perfect for those days when you go straight from work to the gym. Oh, and if you’re looking to just get this pencil on its own, it’s also available now on the MAC website.
- Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack is like that one guest who refuses to go home at the end of the night. It’s a liquid pen liner that stays put no matter what, through sweat, tears, unexpected slushie attacks in the hallways at school, etc. I LOVE how long it lasts, but I have a tough time drawing precise lines with its stiff felt tip. This one’s also available by itself on the MAC website.
From left to right: Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
Swatches from left to right: Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
If you’re a gal on the go who likes makeup basics, stay on the lookout for this MAC Packed to Go.
PRICE: As a MAC travel exclusive, price varies by location
AVAILABILITY: At select domestic and international airports and duty free stores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
For more on the MAC Packed to Go travel exclusives, check out…
- Ready, Set, Jet! The MAC Packed To Go Travel Exclusives for Spring 2011
- A Travel Exclusive: MAC Packed These 3 Cremesheens To Go
- According to the Girl Next Door, MAC Put This Look in a Box
- MAC Packed to Go: 6 Cool Smoky Eye Shadows
- MAC Packed to Go: Girl Next Door Look in a Box
- MAC Room for the Cute Bag That Comes with the MAC Shape & Perfect Brushes
- MAC Packed to Go 6 Cool Smoky Eye Shadows and My Mid-Day Wednesday Toast
Time to get my hair did!
You know how I’ve been wearing a lot of hats lately, right? Well, there’s a good reason for that. My roots are out of control! — so I’m off to the salon this afternoon to get some color.
I’m REALLY looking forward to it, too. I’m thinking maybe caramel ombre highlights like in this picture of Mila Kunis, or maybe reddish brown ones like Nicole Richie.
Do you dye your hair, or are you one of those lucky gals who doesn’t have to do a thing?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,