Hallelujar (which is like hallelujah on steroids), ladies! It’s the weekend. And I’ve been really looking forward to this one because 1) I needed the extra sleep, 2) El Hub doesn’t have to go to work and 3) I’m driving home to see my parents tomorrow for my dad’s birthday bash.
What’s shakin’ out yonder way? Anything new to report? The headline here reads: “It’s almost like summer!” You’d swear this was California judging by how sunny it is today. Of course, I feel like a bum because I spent the morning cooped up inside, but it wasn’t my fault. Benefit Spiked Punch gloss and MAC Coral Crepe Paint Pot were holding me captive…
The boards are waxed and I’m ready to hit the waves, girls. Care to do some Saturday Surfing with me? Hang ten!
Random bright spots
- Burberry to launch a beauty line at Nordstrom in July — Bella Sugar
- Do skincare products expire? Skin care expert Renee Rouleau has the answer — Temptalia
- Gala’s quest for the perfect summer dress — Gala Darling
- Just in case you were looking for powder blue lipstickâ€¦ — The Cut Blog
- A sticker to cover one’s booty crack? Seriously? — Slaves to Fashion
- For my fellow crazy cat ladies: Satin Cat Mary Janes by Miu Miu, HOLLA! — Neiman Marcus
- Cute boys with cats: The name says it all — Cute Boys With Cats
- A shark bites a dude’s surfboard, and then the dude ends up riding the shark? — KHON2
- Disney fans, look out for hidden Mickeys — Neatorama
New in beauty
- Watch out, dark circles! Fresh’s Supernova Radiance Brightening Pen ($24) wants to wipe you out!
- Stila’s Pro Artist Palette No. 1 ($28) contains six powder shadows in shades of gold, pink, taupe, teal and purple
- They say Lancome’s lightweight Teint Idole Fresh Wear foundation looks natural and keeps skin matte for 18 hours
- Love neutrals? Take a peek at Lorac’s Little Black Palette ($32). It comes with four powder shadows and a primer, too
- The NARS Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatments ($25) hydrate and protect lips while delivering a sheer wash of color
- The Clinique Smoothie Kisses ($25) come with four click pens that look like a great deal
- Have you ever used sunscreen wipes like these Supergoop! Wipes with SPF 30 ($34)?
- Clean’s Outdoor Shower Fresh is like … showering outside … in nature
- For lazy girls like moi: Cake Milk Made Body Hydrating Moisture Milk Mist ($18)
- Pacifica French Lilac Body Butter ($15)? YES, PLEASE!
- Lancome’s Le Crayon Khol ($28) now comes in waterproof
- More from Lancome: LOVE the design on the Tropiques Minerale Bamboo Bronzer Compact ($45)
- Chantecaille packed their Les Bijoux Eye Palette ($68) with five deep shades for eyes
- Bobbi Brown’s Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15 ($22) comforts dry lips with the butters of cocoa and shea, ah…
I think I was a bird (thanks for this vid, Hyzenthlay!) in a past life
So very soothing…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,