Planning any trips soon? If you are, and they happen to involve a short airport layover, you might be able to MAC good use of your wait time with the new MAC Packed to Go travel Exclusives for spring 2011.
MAC Packed to Go is being released in two “phases” for spring.
The first, available now, features three MAC Look In A Box kits, each one designed with a different themed look in mind using products for eyes, cheeks and lips.
The second phase, which launches in March, will encompass 11 MAC Packed to Go sets organized by category, like lipstick, Lipglass, mascara and brush.
I always try to keep an eye out for travel exclusives because some of them contain hard-to-find limited edition pieces from long lost (but not forgotten!) collections, making them great opportunities to snag something you might not have had the chance to get the first time around.
And the MAC Packed To Go sets also appear to have some familiar faces, and they’re taking me waaay back to 2008-2009 (LOL!).
Iridescent Powder in Belightful hails from 2008’s Fafi Collection; the Eyeshadows in Grand Entrance, Smoke & Diamonds and Glamour Check also appeared in 2009’s Love That Look; and the Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin starred in 2009’s Creme Team.
There’s just something about travel exclusives that appeals to my primitive makeup hunter-gatherer instincts…
Skim through the product listings below, and let me know if anything strikes your fancy. Pricing and availability varies from airport to airport with these, but approximate US prices are shown.
Phase One: The 3 MAC Look In A Box Sets
- Girl Next Door — (about $40) Comes with the Eye Shadow in Grand Entrance, Eye Shadow in Smoke & Diamonds, Iridescent Powder in Belightful, Cremesheen Glass in Deelight and Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoom Black
- A Very Stylish Girl — (about $40) Comes with the Eye Shadow in Dreammaker, Eye Shadow in Glamour Check, Bronzing Powder in Golden, Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin and Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack
- Rocker Chick — (about $48) Comes with the Eye Shadow in Electra, Eye Shadow in Black Tied, Lipstick in Huge, Lipglass in Oyster Girl, Eye Kohl in Smolder and Dazzle Lash Mascara in Black Dazzle
Look In A Box in Girl Next Door
Look In A Box in Stylish Girl
Look In A Box in Rocker Chick
Phase Two: The Rest of MAC Packed to Go
Note: Prices TBD (they’ll vary)
- MAC Packed to Go: Lipstick (Pretty Please, Plumful and Hug Me)
- MAC Packed to Go: Lipglass (C-Thru, Lust and Cultured)
- MAC Packed to Go: Cremesheens (Boy Bait, Over Indulgence and Double Dare)
- MAC Packed to Go: Assorted Black Mascaras (Plush Lash, Zoom Lash and Dazzle Lash)
- MAC Packed to Go: Assorted Black Eyeliners (Power Point Eye Pencil in Engraved, Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline and Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack)
- MAC Packed to Go: 6 Warm Smoky Eyeshadows (Shroom, Naked Lunch, Greensmoke, Tempting, Showstopper and Stormy Love)
- MAC Packed to Go: 6 Cool Smoky Eyeshadows (Satin Taupe, Beauty Marked, Carbon, Seedy Pearl, Tendersmoke and A Brown Suit)
- MAC Packed to Go: 4 Lips & Pressed Powder (contains Lipglosses in Poetic License, Rosehips, Riviera Ready and Quick Change along with Iridescent Powder in Belightful)
- MAC Packed to Go: 5 Define & Blend Brushes (129SE Powder/Blush Brush, 190SE Foundation Brush, 224 SE Tapered Blending Brush, 242SE Shader Brush and the 266 SE Small Angle Brush)
- MAC Packed to Go: 5 Shape & Perfect Brush Bag (168SE Large Angled Contour Brush, 187SE Duo Fibre Brush, 212SE Flat Definer Brush and 275SE Medium Angled Shading Brush)
MAC Packed to Go from the top to the bottom: Lipsticks, Cremesheens and Lipglasses
Assorted Black Mascaras on the top; Assorted Black Eyeliners on the bottom
Clockwise from the bottom: 4 Lips & Pressed Powder, 6 Warm Smoky Eyeshadows and 6 Cool Smoky Eyeshadows
5 Define & Blend Brushes on the top and 5 Shape & Perfect Brush Bag on the bottom
Did you see anything you’d go out of your way to get, and are you asking yourself, “Hmm, what’s the nearest airport?”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,