For one precious hour last Saturday afternoon I got in some quality me time. El Hub had gone to the bookstore for something, so I had the place to myself. I plopped down on the living room floor with a bowl of chilled grapes, started an episode of Law and Order: SVU (lovin’ ya, Detective Stabler!) on the Tivo and reached for a few items from MAC Red She Said.
My mind was racing with thoughts of Tabs and other troubles, and I needed to distract myself with something uncomplicated, like Inter-view Mineralize Eye Shadow ($17.50), Enough Said Beauty Powder Blush ($18), Quiet, Please lipstick ($14) and Miss Dynamite Dazzleglass ($17.50).
From left to right: Enough Said Beauty Powder Blush, three shades from the Interview Mineralize Eye Shadow trio
I tried this brown, bronze and navy blue smokey eye. When I was done with the look, I walked around the room by myself, pretending I was contemplating impressionist paintings in a fancy art gallery.
Here’s how I did this look…
- I started by priming my lids with a layer of MAC Painterly Paint Pot applied with a fingertip.
- Next, I layered a mix of the brown and bronze shades from the MAC Inter-view Mineralize Eye Shadow Trio onto the inner two-thirds of my lid using a MAC 252 eyeshadow brush.
- Still with the same brush, I patted the navy blue shade from Inter-view onto the outer third of the lid and just barely into the crease, concentrating most of the color on the side closer to the ear.
- Then, I wet a MAC 239 eyeshadow brush with a spritz of MAC Fix+ and swept the wet brush head across the pan of bronze eyeshadow to load the brush and applied the rich, wet shadow to the inner third of my lid. With the edge of the brush, I lined the lower lash line.
- Using MAC Technakohl liner in Graphblack, I lined my upper and lower water lines.
- Nothing complicated here, but I applied Enough Said blush with a MAC 116 blush brush to my temples and onto the apples of my cheeks.
- I lined and filled in my lips with a MAC Spice Lip Pencil.
- Next, I applied MAC Quiet, Please lipstick directly on top of Spice pencil with a MAC 316 covered lip brush.
- To complete the lips, I dabbed some MAC Miss Dynamite onto the center of both the upper and lower lips.
I’ve been a little late to the Red She Said party, but I’m getting into it now. At first, I didn’t think it had the same WOW factor that Cult of Cherry did, but both Enough Said blush and Inter-view eyeshadow delivered beautiful results and helped me see the error of my makeup lurvin’ ways.
What’s been your overall impression of MAC holiday 2008 so far?
Before Tabs emerged from hiding late last Sunday afternoon I went for a couple walks around the neighborhood to look for him, calling out his name into bushes and checking under parked cars. I was investigating a grassy area on a hill behind some apartments next door when I stumbled upon this beautiful doe.
I’m more of a city girl than a country girl, and anything resembling the woods kinda scares me. But a doe hanging out behind some bamboo on a hill in the burbs… that, I can handle. I named her “Pretty Girl.” I hope she comes back soon!
Why I Fear the Woods
I watched a lot of horror movies as a kid, and it’s a law of horror movie reality that bad stuff *always* happens in the woods, especially if you’re either brown or blonde, LOL! If you’re a brown or blonde character in a Hollywood horror movie, you’re *really screwed* when it comes to demon/zombie/vampire/mutant/aliens.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,