Am I the only girl out there who thinks watching The Golden Girls and playing with makeup constitutes a good time? I hope not, LOL!
Earlier this afternoon, with MAC’s Cherry Blossom face chart laid out on the floor in front of me, I did some experimenting with MAC Cult of Cherry’s Spiced Chocolate Quad, Plum du Bois blush, Creme Cerise lipstick and Cherry Blossom Lipglass.
Face charts for Cult of Cherry and MAC’s other makeup collections are available on the MAC website. The charts indicate which products and brushes to use for different looks, and, in some cases, indicate the proper placement of color.
The Cheeks and Lips
In the Cherry Blossom chart, the eyes are bold, but the cheeks and lips are soft and subtle. I reached for Plum du Bois and, following the chart, swirled some on my cheeks with a MAC 187 brush (aka the skunk brush).
Then, I lined my lips with Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner, filling them in with Creme Cherise Lipstick. I topped them off with a layer of Cherry Blossom Lipglass.
Eye Products I Used
- MAC Concrete Eye Shadow
- Nanogold, Sweet Chestnut, and Spiced Chocolate Eye Shadows from the MAC Spiced Chocolate Quad
- MAC Pink Couture Shadestick
- MAC Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack
I prefer to do one eye at a time, working each one to completion before I move on to the next eye. Some women prefer to work on both eyes at the same time, completing a step on one eye and then repeating it on the other, since they already have the correct brush in hand. I think it boils down to personal preference. For me, it’s faster if I finish one eye before moving on to the other.
The Eyes: Step by Step
- First, using a MAC 266 brush, I shaded in my brows with Concrete.
- Then, I highlighted the brow bone by dusting Nanogold onto it with a 252 eye shader brush.
- I applied Pink Couture Shadestick onto my lids, blending out the edges with my finger.
- Then, I swept Sweet Chestnut Eye Shadow directly on top of the Pink Couture Shadestick with a 217 blending brush.
- To add more depth to the eye, I added Spiced Chocolate Eye Shadow into the crease with a 219 pencil brush.
- With the same brush, I ran Sweet Chestnut Eye Shadow along the lower lash line.
- To finish the eye look, I curled my lashes, and then added two coats of Zoomblack mascara onto both the upper and lower lashes.
All done, my little cherry blossom! 🙂
After coffee with my friend in the city this morning, I stopped by H&M to plunder the accessories aisle.
I love H&M for accessories. They have a great selection of cheap, stylish earrings. I found these two pairs below — a cool $2.90 each!
Isn’t H&M incredible? I loves me a bargain!
What have you got lined up for this evening? I think I may go out to dinner with El Hub. I’m in the mood for Japanese food. Ooh! I could wear the blue earrings.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,