Hey-hey-hey! I’m back in the Bay. Hope you had a nice post-turkey day today. Did you do any Black Friday shopping?
Mine was a pretty mellow day. We stayed the night in Redding and then took El Hub’s parents out to breakfast this morning at a place called the Country Kitchen. Then, after way too many buttery biscuits (SO GOOD!), we visited one of Redding’s tourist attractions.
Check this out. It’s called the Sundial Bridge.
It’s a footbridge crossing the Sacramento River, which weaves through the town. Redding, from what I’ve seen of it, has a very quaint, country feel, and the bridge, with its sleek curves and modern, minimalist design, almost seemed a little out of place at first, until I walked out over the water and could take it all in.
I thought it was really quite majestic and beautiful. I could have spent all day there taking pictures of the structure itself, the distant mountains and the fishermen in their waders down in the river below…
After the bridge, El Hub and I got back on the road to home. It was a brief visit this time, and I did miss my mom, dad and brother down here, but it was also nice to meet more members of the family. I even got to talk makeup shop with a couple of the cousins.
I’d originally planned to write a review this afternoon, but I was beat from the drive when we got home…
Speaking of that, why are road trips so exhausting? It’s not like I was doing jumping jacks or anything in the car. Just sitting there looking out the windows.
Not having it in me to write a review this afternoon, I thought it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane, so here are some of the things you and I were talking about this time last year. I see some Becca and Clarins, among other things…
- A $10 Makeup Look: Smokey Taupe, Brown and Violet Eyes with Lilac Lips
- These Chanel Cote D’Azur Rouge Coco Lipsticks Are Beachy Keen
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Marvelous Multitasking MAC 217 Blending Brush
- Girls, Follow the Boys to This NARS Lip Gloss Set
- Should You Say Yes To These Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes?
- You Could Be Naughty and Nice with the Becca Fallen Angel Palette
- These Pretty Becca Jewel Dust Eyeshadows Are Priced Like Pirate Treasure
- Chantecaille Lip Chic in Tea Rose, YOU Can Give Me Lip
- Clarins Is Going for Baroque with the Barocco Holiday 2010 Collection
- Ultraflesh Panthera Mascara Makes Lashes Roar Like a Jungle Cat!
- Zombies Don’t Use The NYX Eyebrow Shaper (and It Shows)
I can’t believe that was a year ago this month. It feels like yesterday, doesn’t it?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,