You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Matte or glossy lips?
Matte for work and serious things, glossy for fun and games.
- Have you ever found your foundation holy grail? — a perfectly matching brand and shade?
It was in the jungles of Peru…
Kidding. No, but there was DuWop’s Foundation of Youth in Beige. When Sephora stopped carrying it a few years back, it got pretty difficult to find. Loved the color and formula, but I could have done without the brush.
- Whom do you take after more, your mother or father?
Probably my dad. We both have the same weird sense of humor.
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
Can’t say I’ve ever seen one, but I have felt something. A presence. I was visiting my parents’ house some years back and napping in their bedroom when I awoke with a start. I was sure that something was there in the room with me, hovering in the air.
No chairs moved or anything like that. In fact, everything was eerily still and quiet, but I was sure beyond any doubt that I wasn’t alone at that moment.
- When was the last time you climbed a tree?
Surprisingly, not that long ago! I climbed one of the old oak trees in my front yard for the MAC Wonder Woman post in 2010.
I was in full Wonder Woman regalia, too — boots, top, headband, the works. I climbed the tree to fetch Tabs, who was helping me with the pictures for the post. His job was to pretend to be stuck in the tree, and then I’d rescue him with Wonder Woman’s magic lasso, but after the shoot, he didn’t want to come down.
He was just chillin’ in some low branches.
Yup, I got some funny looks from the neighbors that day…
- What did your prom dress look like?
It was long and kind of column shaped, with a halter top and a leg slit. The top half around the bust was white, and the bottom was black.
I was going for an En Vogue look, haha! Man, I was such a cheeseball…
- What’s one phrase you find yourself repeating often?
“All one word, no hyphen.”
I say it all the time when I’m explaining my last name to strangers. Monterichard. It’s long, French and pretty uncommon here in the States. I get a lot of, “Richard? The last name is Richard?”
- What’s the longest you’ve ever had your hair?
It was down to my elbows in high school, but there were a lot of girls in my class with hair that went all the way down to their bums. But I never wanted to do that. My hair was too heavy and really hard to control.
- Have you ever jumped in a fountain?
I want to every time I see one, but yes only once. 🙂 When I was kid on a family vacation with my younger brother and cousins. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing where we all jumped in fully clothed.
Now, though, for some reason, I can’t remember if/how we dried off before getting back in the cars.
- How would you describe your weekend in a playlist of three songs?
This Must Be the Place by the Talking Heads, Don’t Forget About Us by Mariah Carey, and Right Here by SWV.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Matte or glossy lips?
2. Have you ever found your foundation holy grail/matching shade?
3. Whom do you take after more, your mother or father?
4. Have you ever seen a ghost?
5. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
6. What did your prom dress look like?
7. What’s one phrase you find yourself repeating often?
8. What’s the longest you’ve ever had your hair?
9. Have you ever jumped in a fountain?
10. How would you describe your weekend in a playlist of three songs?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Let’s both have a kick-@ss week!