You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How do you feel about pointy-toed shoes?
Like the look, hate the feel. They hoit!
- How often do you wear colorful clothing?
Mmm…pretty often. Maybe every other day or so. I wear gray and black a lot ’cause they hide my feline overlord’s tabby fur better, but especially this time of year, I love dresses and tops in bright jewel tones and pretty pastel shades.
- Close your eyes and listen for a moment… What sounds do you hear?
My fingers clacking on the keyboard, the hum of the fan in the computer, the birds singing outside and Tabs purring on my lap.
- If you could only choose one — powder, cream, gel or liquid blush — which would you choose?
Powder, because I prefer how it blends.
- I’m currently on a quest to _______.
Convince El Hub and Tabs that we need another cat. 😀
- What’s your favorite poem?
When You Are Old, by William Butler Yeats.
- Have you ever taught a class on something?
When I was a teenager, I taught piano to some kids in my neighborhood.
Ah, those poor children, LOL!
- If you were forced to evacuate your home in an emergency, what are five items you would grab?
Assuming Tabs and El Hub were safe and out of the house, I’d grab 1) my black Rick Steve’s carry-on bag (it holds a TON of stuff), and fill it with 2) my tech essentials (my backup drive, phone and charger, laptop and camera), 3) a change of clothes, 4) the travel bag I always keep ready and stocked with toiletry essentials (makeup, toothbrush, meds, etc.) and 5) my passport.
- Something you’re looking forward to this week?
Visiting the new NARS San Francisco boutique on Friday! Now I have a new place to play with makeup when I go to the city. 🙂
- Have you ever ridden a unicycle?
Nope, but I’ve always wanted to. They look fun, and I have a pretty decent sense of balance, so I’m curious how I’d do.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How do you feel about pointy-toed shoes?
2. How often do you wear colorful clothing?
3. What sounds do you hear right now?
4. Powder, cream, gel or liquid blush?
5. I’m currently on a quest to _____.
6. What’s your favorite poem?
7. Have you ever taught a class on something?
8. You’re forced to evacuate! What are five items you would grab?
9. Something you’re looking forward to this week?
10. Have you ever ridden a unicycle?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,