Girrrrl, next time you’re in Sephora, get your hands on Dior’s 2-Colour Eyeshadow duos ($35 each) because these shadows apply and blend like buttah!
Each if the eight duos includes a matte and a shimmer shadow in coordinating shades. For work today I grabbed the Pop Look duo, with its matte chocolate brown and shimmery gold shadows. I was shooting for sophisticated (for work) yet fun and wanted to use brown.
- MAC Concrete Eye Shadow
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Dior 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Pop Look
- Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Noir
- MAC Fix+
The Eye Look
- First, with a 266 angled brush, I filled in my brows with MAC Concrete shadow.
- Next, I patted Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer onto my lids with a finger tip.
- I applied the matte brown shadow onto my lids and just barely into the crease with a MAC 252 eye shader brush.
- Then, using a 217 blending brush, I applied the shimmery shade to the center of each lid.
- To enhance the shimmer shade even more, I wet a MAC 239 eye shading brush with a spritz of MAC Fix+ and swept the wet brush head across the pan of shimmer shadow (using a wet brush amplifies eye shadow colors). I added a couple dots of the wet shimmer to the center of each lid.
After blending away any harsh lines with a 217 blending brush, I finished the eyes by curling my lashes and adding two coats of Dior Iconic mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
I think the contrast of light on dark opens up the eyes…
The Cheek Look
- Using a MAC 129 powder/blush brush, I swept MAC Emote blush onto the apples of my cheeks and then up into the hairline
The Lip Look
- I applied one layer of Fiction Brown onto my lips directly from the tube, blotted with a tissue and added a second layer to deepen the color. Now, blow yourself a kiss in the mirror because you’re done!
The final look…
I rarely wear an entirely brown look (makes me feel too UPS), but I was kinda feeling it today. If I do this look again, I think I’ll try it with a shimmery coral cheek instead.
The wedding I went to last Saturday was a lot of fun. My school girlfriends are all getting married and moving on with their lives. I don’t get to see them very often anymore. Seems like everyone’s always so busy (myself included).
I used to see these gals practically every day back when we were in school, but now with our busy schedules and lives it’s maybe once every few months. I really want that to change.
Anywho, I hope your Monday went smoooothly and that you’re feeling fierce!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,