Things I seemed to always be doing in the ’90s while wearing brown lipstick…
- Running to the bus stop (I was always *that close* to missing the bus).
- Standing awkwardly in the corner of the room at house parties with a red cup in my hand.
- Checking my pager, which I kept in the front pocket of the jeans I got using my employee discount at Miller’s Outpost (OMG). And I thought I was hot sh*t because my pager was white, LOL!
- Falling asleep in the library with my head in an open chemistry book and waking up covered in drool.
- Going to Tower Records (but never actually buying anything).
I’m getting all the ’90s feels from the new liquid lippies in the Tarte Tartiest Creamy Matte Lip Paint Naughty Nudes line ($20 each, available in five shades).
These vegan full-coverage mattes glide across lips with an unscented, unflavored, cruelty-free formula, and they feel like soft mousse. Plus, unlike many of the liquid lipsticks out there now, they stay wet and maleable while you wear them, so they don’t dry all the way down.