These new NARS Velvet Matte Foundation Sticks have me completely rethinking what I thought about stick foundations, which had previously brought up bad memories for me of thick, heavy, cake-face coverage and suffocating pores, but this new NARS incarnation feels light and looks like a tinted moisturizer…BUT IN CREAM STICK FORM.
You’re blowing my mind, NARS!
The Velvet Matte Foundation Sticks are sheer satin cream stick foundations now available in 20 shades at NARS counters and Sephora for $45 each.
The shades include…
- Siberia (Light 1) — light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Mont Blanc (Light 2) — light with pink undertones
- Gobi (Light 3) — light with yellow undertones
- Deauville (Light 4) — light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Fiji (Light 5) — light with yellow undertones
- Ceylan (Light 6) — medium with yellow undertones
- Punjab (Medium 1) — medium with golden, peachy undertones
- Vallauris (Medium 1.5) — medium with pink undertone
- Santa Fe (Medium 2) — medium with peachy undertones
- Stromboli (Medium 3) — medium with olive undertones
- Barcelona (Medium 4) — medium with golden, peachy undertones
- Syracuse (Medium-Dark 1) — medium-dark with brown undertones
- Tahoe (Medium-Dark 2) — medium-dark with caramel undertones
- Cadiz (Medium-Dark 3) — medium-dark with caramel and red undertones
- Macao (Medium-Dark 4) — medium-dark with yellow undertones
- New Guinea (Medium-Dark 5) — medium-dark with red undertones
- Trinidad (Dark 1) — dark with warm yellow undertones
- New Orleans (Dark 2) — dark with yellow undertones
- Benares (Dark 3) — dark with golden undertones
- Khartoum (Dark 4) — dark with espresso undertones