The last time Too Faced released a Little Black Book of Bronzers, it was HUGE!
No, literally, it was huge… The palette (or, as Too Faced refers to it, the “bronzing wardrobe”) held eight full-size Too Faced Bronzers, which was very cool if you were/are into the whole “bigger is better” aesthetic, and also very cool if you ever dreamed of owning a palette so gigantic that it could cover half of your body.
This time around, the sequel to The Little Black Book of Bronzers is sleek.
It’s basically the same idea, except that the pans are smaller this time (0.08 ounces each, instead of 0.28), and the price is too ($49 vs. $139)
So, while you may lose the ability to use it as an improv table for TV dinners or breakfast in bed, and it no longer functions as an umbrella with which to shield yourself from the sun while lounging on the beach with Zac Efron…it’s a lot easier to tote around.
Plus, you know what they say: “Good things come in small packages.” If the original was an oversized coffee table book, this one is the paperback.
Too Faced also tweaked the lineup a little, swapping Bronzed and Poreless for Dark Chocolate Soleil, their newest shade.
Other than that, there’s a good variety of shimmery finishes and mattes, and none of them are excessively warm or orange.
With eight bronzers, there’s one to go with every mood, outfit and moment in yo’ life. Like, have you ever wondered what bronzer to wear to go to your ex’s house to pick up those Biggie CDs that homeboy never had the decency to return?
Well, how about deep shimmery bronzed Beach Bunny? — because you’d want to recreate a glow that says, “Hey, fool. Ever since we broke up, I spend every Sunday by the pool at the Four Seasons with my new billionaire boyfriend.”
Ya know, that kind of thing. 🙂
I like the idea of having a different bronzer for different looks, and that they’re all accessible in a palette that actually fits in a drawer.
Yeah, the original one’s size made it cool…but not practical at all.
The eight bronzers in The (new) Little Black Book of Bronzers include…
- Chocolate Soleil: A cocoa powder-infused matte bronzer (really does smell like chocolate!). Should work well for a wide range of skin tones, too, for everyday contouring, or for creating a deep, all-over tan.
- Milk Chocolate Soleil: A lighter version of Chocolate Soleil. This one should be great for lighter skin tones looking for all-over warmth.
- Dark Chocolate Soleil: A matte bronzer to sculpt cheeks, this deeper version of Chocolate Soleil should be perfect for dramatically contoured looks.
- Snow Bunny: Blend these four shimmery shades together for natural, sun-kissed radiance.
- Pink Leopard: A trio of tan, bronze and pink to brighten and bestow a glow all over.
- Beach Bunny: This luminous bronzer combines four sun-kissed tans into a shower of summery shimmer.
- Endless Summer: This matte works on all skin tones and lasts 16 hours (and sometimes more).
- Sun Bunny: This bronzer’s slightly pink undertones help it imitate a real tan.
You can find The Little Black Book of Bronzers online now ($49), and coming soon to Too Faced counters.
And if you happen to swing by a Too Faced counter soon, check out the new summer 2015 collection, particularly the bright Sugar Pop palette ($36), and the new line of Melted Metals liquid lipsticks ($21 each).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,