They say good things come in small packages, and in the matter of Urban Decay’s Face Case, it’s true.
The small price for this cutie pie initially caught my eye — a mere $14 for a complete makeup palette for eyes, lips and cheeks! Gotta love a steal of a deal. 🙂
Face Case comes stacked with a nice mix of work and play shades, including…
- Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy Rides Again: a shimmery gold with glitter,
- Eyeshadow in Grifter: a shimmery light purple with glitter,
- Eyeshadow in Twice Baked: a shimmery dark brown,
- Blush in Hookup: a shimmery peachy pink,
- XXX Shine Lip Gloss in Naked: a sheer, shimmery rose,
- XXX Shine Lip Gloss in Love Junkie: a sheer wine and
- XXX Shine Lip Gloss in Carney: a sheer, shimmery pink
Top row: Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Grifter, Twice Baked, Hookup; Bottom row: Naked, Love Junkie, Carney
A few quick notes about the products:
- My two favorites are the brown shadow and blush; both offer ample pigmentation and blend easily
- Both glitter shadows apply with plenty of glitter fall out, so be prepared to do some cleaning up around your eyes
- The texture of all three glosses feels thick and non-sticky on the lips
Wrapped up in a slim, stylish purple package, Face Case fits neatly into my purse without weighing me down or taking up too much space.
As much as I like the colors, portability and price, Face Case comes with one major design issue.
It’s really difficult to keep the products from what I like to affectionately call “cross pollination.”
The products lay really close to each other, so when I swipe a brush across one pan, it sweeps product into whatever’s nearby; eyeshadow ends up in the blush, blush in the gloss, etc. etc.
Wearing Naked gloss
Wearing Love Junkie gloss
Wearing Carney Gloss
Twice Baked eyeshadow on the lid, Grifter in the crease and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again in the inner corner. Hookup Blush on cheeks.
Using a brush to pick up the product slowly and carefully seems to help decrease the mess, but man, it takes forever and a day.
And not only are the pans postioned closely together, they’re also small — almost too small for a full-sized brush head.
Case in point: I tried using a regular blush brush to apply Hookup. One side of the brush head ended up with gloss all over the bristles, the other with eyeshadow. Neat freaks, can you see how this could easily push one over the makeup edge?
I like Face Case, but I would love it more if I didn’t have to worry so much about the cross-pollination issue. If you’re watching your pennies and just want a little something to tide you over, it’s alright for $14. Things get messy, though, so be prepared to deal with product getting everywhere. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
I have a new snack addiction: Annie’s Homegrown Organic Bunny Classics Butter Rich Baked Organic Crackers. Have you tried these yet? They’re like the organic, baked version of Ritz crackers.
I think they might be laced with cracker crack because I can’t stop craving them, om nom nom! 🙂
What’ve you been snacking on lately?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,