Blueish pink Bred for Beauty and peachy bronze Worldly Wealth, the two powder blushes in the new MAC Moody Blooms collection, are making me a happy horticulturist/beauty botanist. 🙂
One word: pigment.
And lots of it.
Just as a random but potentially helpful warning, if you aren’t paying close attention while applying these blushes — like, if you happen to be watching Game of Thrones and dancing to I’m Every Woman while Daenerys Targaryen pets her dragons on screen — be advised that you may have to take the color down a notch or two or 12, so have an extra blush brush or foundation brush handy.
With these blushes, sh*t gets real, and it gets real in a hurry! It’s easy to go overboard with this much pigment, but you should be fine if you use a light touch (and don’t forget to blend out the edges!).
If you’re feeling creative, try layering a bit of bright pink Bred for Beauty on top of Worldly Wealth.
I’m a big fan. 🙂
Worldly Wealth’s peachy bronze shimmer will peek back at you from beneath Bred for Beauty. It sounds weird, but it works.
Look for both blushes to be budding with the rest of the Moody Blooms collection online at maccosmetics.com June 24, and at North American stores and counters June 26 through August 21 (internationally, online and at all MAC locations in July).
Not sure if I’ve mentioned this, but I’ve been catching up on Game of Thrones lately.
Consequently, there has been a DRAMATIC increase in dragon-related dreams around here and the widespread use of Westeros-based terminology.
In other words, I’m obsessed. 🙂
I used to watch the show pretty regularly, but I fell behind a few episodes before the end of season two.
No particular reason… I just got distracted.
But I started up again recently, and OMG! I’m right at the end of season three, and I have to say…it has been quite an education.
First things first, I need to get a couple dragons, ASAP! Second, the next time I go to a wedding, I’m making sure the guests aren’t wearing chainmail under their clothing (yes, I just watched the Red Wedding, and it’s going to take me years to recover).
Armor is NOT a layering piece.
In other news, how was your day? I hope all is well.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more MAC Moody Blooms collection coverage…
- With Pen Packaging, These MAC Moody Blooms Collection Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tints Do Some Things Write
- Beatiful Together and Apart: The MAC Moody Blooms Worldly Wealth and Bred For Beauty Blushes
- These Six MAC Moody Blooms Sheen Supreme Lipsticks Gleam Like a Dream
- The MAC Moody Blooms Fluidlines in Copperthorn, Nightshade and Black Ivy Look Wicked Good
- Worldly Wealth and Bred for Beauty, The Two New Blushes in the MAC Moody Blooms Collection, Plant Plenty of Pigment on Cheeks
- I Kudzu Not (Get It?): Make Room for the Eye Shadows From the MAC Moody Blooms Collection