Things that boost my happiness, aka happy boosters
- Purr machines. Sometimes Tabs takes pity on me and actually behaves like a nice kitty. I love when he climbs onto my lap while I’m blogging. He drapes his girth across my right arm, tucks his nose into the crook and purrs himself to sleep. It’s so sweet.
- Lens flares. Ridiculous? I think not! One can never have too many lens flares.
- Pizza crust. Some folks skip it, but it’s my favorite pizza part.
- Inspired running. Gotta love those rare kick-@ss running days when everything goes right. No muscle cramps, nothing aches, my iPod’s shuffling in all the right ways, and I feel like I’m flying. Best part is when I ask myself, “Can I keep going?” and the answer is an enthusiastic “Yes!”
- Free fro-yo. Filling up my “frequent flyer” rewards card at Tuttimelon and getting a free frozen yogurt.
- Dance movies. Nothin’ like watching a cheesy dance movie after a long day — you know, where the main character, against all odds, lives out his/her dreams using the power of the pirouette! There’s always that big finale scene with the ensemble cast and a freeze frame shot right at the end. See: Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Honey, and Step Up (the first one, with Channing Tatum).
- Bronzer/blush combos. Extra points when there are hearts on the pan, like the new Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush ($13.95; available in two shades, Bronze/Natural and Bronze/Rose).
Happy Booster Glow, a new bronzer/blush combo from Physicians Formula, was actually designed to foster feelings of joy, and since regular blushes already make me happy (swirling a little bit of color on my cheeks always boosts my mood), I half expected to explode! 🙂
So how, exactly, is it supposed to bring the joy? Well, the ingredients. According to Physicians Formula, that is. They gave it arctic rose, which they claim mimics the effects of endorphins, as well as a supposed mood elevator called euphoryl. The violet and citrus fragrance is also supposed to promote feelings of positivity.
Happy Booster Glow Mood Boosting Bronzer Blush in Bronze/Natural, $13.95; also available in Bronze/Rose
pH Matchmaker Powdered Blush, Happy Booster Glow Mood Boosting Blush in Pink, Happy Booster Glow Mood Boosting Bronzer Blush in Bronze/Natural, Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Blush in Natural and pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss in Light Pink
Do I believe it works? Maybe, but more because of the cute factor than anything else. It’s not a cure for crankypants, but the cute pan, light fragrance and sheer, warm peachy pinkish bronze (when it’s swirled together) are bringing a smile to my face. 🙂
And I like how flexible it is. I can wear the Bronze side by itself (a slightly shiny golden peachy brown), or swirl it together with the hearts in the pan for a peachy pinkish bronze flush. It’s like a sheer blend of NARS Laguna and Orgasm, with the intensity dialed way down. Super pretty! — and it lasts pretty long, too, fading slowly over the course of about six hours.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at drugstores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,