Wowza! Are you ready for this jelly? And by jelly I’m referring to new beauty releases from Paul and Joe, NARS, Smashbox and more.
Sit back, kick off your shoes (if you’re at the office, maybe sneak it under your desk), and let your mind wander with today’s New in Beauty roundup. Don’t be surprised if you find a little drool on your keyboard when you’re done. 😉
- I’m lurvin’ the packaging for Paul & Joe’s Alice in Wonderland collection (HELLA CUTE!).
- Would you like to try Clean’s Warm Cotton perfume? Well, the first 50 MBB readers who 1) become fans of Clean on Facebook and 2) type in the code CLEANbeauty will receive free samples of the scent (valid through March 31 and/or while supplies last). Signing up will also enter you to win one of three Clean grand prize gift sets and 10 runner-up prizes. Sorry, my international friends (I tried), I could only secure this deal for girls in the US.
- The Korres Semi-Annual Sale kicks off today! Save up to 65% on some of their bestselling stuff. Perhaps start with the $7 eyeshadows (marked down from $16)…
- NARS does Valentine’s Day with their three-piece Love Thrill Set. It comes with full sizes of Super Orgasm Blush, Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and Sexual Healing Lipstick, all for $59 (a $73 value).
- Complimentary Jack and Rose double-ended lipgloss (as in Titanic Jack and Rose) with any $50 purchase from TarteCosmetics.com through February 28 using coupon code VDAY.
- How far will Clinique’s new High Lengths Mascara ($14) stretch and lengthen your lashes? It features a curved “willow” wand applicator that follows the natural curve of the eye.
- Calling all Lauren Luke fans near Los Angeles! LL’s making a special appearance at the Sephora Century City in Santa Monica from 6 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, January 23. Two words: road trip!
- Garnier introduces two new $7 Skin Renew cleansers: 1) The Brusher Gel Cleanser (sports a non-drying formula and a flexible soft brush to exfoliate skin) and 2) Resurfacing 3-Way Cleanser (does triple duty as a cleanser, scrub or purifying mask). Look for ’em at your favorite drugstores.
- Bobbi Brown’s launching a video contest for her Pretty Powerful campaign… I think I may enter.
- Next month Hourglass Cosmetics releases Prodigy, a new line of hydrating, high-shine lipglosses. The six ($26 each) come with a slim silhouette, built to slip conveniently into a clutch or back pocket.
- Glee fanatics (OOH!), did you spy my girls Lea Michele and Dianna Agron rocking Chantecaille at the Golden Globes the other night? Lea wore Cheek Shade in Delight ($28) and Lumiere de Rose Highlight ($36) on her cheeks; Dianna rocked slate gray Zinc Eye Shade ($28) on her lids.
- Seeking inspiration for your Valentine’s Day makeup look? Check out these V-Day face charts from Flirt.
- Dior is *firing up* a new campaign for Lady Dior Rouge.
- For $20 each, what do ya think of these Eye Shadow Trios from Stila?
- Profound Beauty hair care is having a sale on their gigantic 1-liter shampoos and conditioners ($43, regularly $58), through January 31.
- Addicted to your flat iron? (It happens.) You might want to add Frederic Fekkai’s Silky Straight Ironless Smooth Finishing Serum ($23) to your product mix.
- AVAILABLE NOW: Get Benefit Bathina “Take a Picture… It Lasts Longer…” for $28 at Bloomingdales.com.
- I kinda wish the new Smashbox Lip Techs ($24) came in a tube instead of a pan… Le sigh! They still look cute though. 🙂
- Speaking o’ Smashbox, Smashbox.com is hosting a beauty blowout sale, with select items from 25-50% off.
- MAC is encouraging bad behavior. 😮 They want you to have a Love Affair with these lip liners, lipsticks and glosses.
- Hmm… a new body lotion from YSL Parisienne ($40).
- Spend at least $50 at a Saks Lancome counter , and receive a beauty-filled bag with lots of cosmetics and goodies from Lancome skin care.
- If you like moisturizers that are perfume- and color-free, make a note to check out Simple Kind to Skin Day Cream and Night Cream ($9) when they launch a little later this month.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,