Can I get a whoop-whoop from my friends out there who have worn MAC Teddy down to the nubbiest of nubs?!
I was using this teeny, tiny stub yesterday and couldn’t help but laugh because I have been to this rodeo many times before. I grind and grind that pencil down until, one day, I look and realize, “Oh! I should probably replace it soon because I can barely hang onto it with two fingers.” HA HA HA HA!
MAC Teddy liner is a rockstar for a multitude of reasons (LET ME COUNT THE WAYS), but one standout for me is how well it layers with copper and red eyeshadows. That bronzed brown just werks with copper and red shades.
You can keep it easy-peasy lemon squeeze-y by lining your lash and/or waterlines with Teddy and then sweeping your copper or red shadow on your lids.
Or, optionally, you can do what I affectionately refer to as “sandwiching,” which is when you layer Teddy underneath and on top of a shadow for a smokey eye. I think it’s a surefire way to make even the craziest colors wearable.
The shadow I’m wearing here is MAC Firewerk the Room (from the new holiday collection), and it’s a straight-up red. On its own, it’s borderline bananas, but layered with Teddy it magically transforms the look into a wearable daytime smokey eye.
Start by buffing a layer of Teddy on your lids with a finger before sweeping a little Firewerk the Room (or any other red shimmery shadow) directly on top. Then buff with your favorite eyeshadow brush to feather out the edges.
Finish by lining your lash and waterlines with MOAR TEDDY, and don’t forget your mascara!
Makeup worn in this look
- BASE: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC42 mixed with MAC Strobe Cream in Pinklite, Estee Lauder 24HR Concealer in Medium Deep
- CHEEKS: Hourglasss Radiant Bronze Light bronzer and Diffused Heat blush
- LIPS: MAC Subculture Lipliner with Nuxe Lip Balm
- EYES: Urban Decay Brow Beater in Neutral Brown, MAC Clear Brow Set, Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara, MAC Firewerk the Room eyeshadow, MAC Teddy liner
- CLOTHING: Here’s my sweatshirt!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,