Things I know about Kelly Osbourne…
- I saw her guest host a fashion show once (I think it was with Joan Rivers), and she seemed very sassy, like a regular sassy-pants girl.
- She appears to be funny and good at banter.
- I know that the purple hair she’s rocking these days is totally working for her in a cool, Dorothy Zbornak kind of way, and it makes me want purple hair…but I figure that I’m just going to wait for my hair to turn gray first, and then I’ll take it from there.
- I’ve read that she has a penchant for, um, colorful language.
- I know that she’s Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter, and that makes me wonder what Halloweens at their house were like, and what she’s getting him for Father’s Day (maybe one of the her MAC Kelly Osbourne eyeliners, perhaps?).
- I know that she has a reputation for being edgy and fashionable, and I can see that edge in her products from the MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection.
Strutting down the runway first are the eyeshadows, eyeliners, and cheek and face products from the Kelly sub-collection of the mother-daughter MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection for summer 2014 (stay tuned for the four lipsticks and single lip liner in a few).
Like ice is to fire, these are cool! — as in cooler-toned than the colors in momma Sharon’s part of the release.
I get the sense that Kelly is a long-time MAC fan, since some of the re-promoted pieces, and there are a few, are products I love, too, like Smolder, Soba and Brun. The two eyeliners, and the eyeshadows in the duo, as well as one of the shadows in the quad, are re-promotes.
See the purple packaging? It’s like Kelly’s hair, and her signature graces each of the pieces.
Nice handwriting, by the way. 🙂 I like how she writes her ‘K.’
The MAC Kelly Osbourne Bloody Brilliant Quad and Morning Mister Magpie Eye Shadow Duo
Except that these versions look a little odd to me…
Not in a bad way. Just different.
I mean, I know both of these bad boys like the back of my hand (Get it? Bad swatch pun…) because I wear them a ton. Soba is one of my everyday neutral browns, and I use Brun to fill in my brows every single day.
But the Soba here seems more golden to me than the Soba I know, like it’s Soba’s second cousin or something. Brun looks a little different, too, but only in its pan, where I swear it looks gray.
Weirdly, it swatches the same.
The Bloody Brilliant Quad also has a re-promoted product of its own — Shadowy Lady (a matte blackened plum).
Based on Kelly’s eyes in the promo pic, I was hoping for a bloody brilliant purple in the quad, or maybe a bloody brilliant coral, because her eyes look bad-@ss! It looks like there’s a warm coral in the crease and a bright, intense purple along her lower lash line, and when I saw that pic, I thought, “Yes! I want to go to there.”
But after playing with the quad this week, I don’t know… I just wanted more intensity. Maybe it’s because of our different skin tones, but I feel like the quad’s colors don’t look as good on me as they do on Kelly in the promo pic.
Also, there’s the way the shadows feel. Compared to the shadows in Sharon’s quad, these feel slightly harder to me and are consequently a little tougher to blend. Not sure why.
The MAC Kelly Osbourne Powder Blush in Cheeky Bugger and Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Jolly Good
Among Kelly’s cheek and face products, the Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Jolly Good seems the most special. The tan powder in the duo is too light for me to use a bronzer or contouring powder, so I use it as a highlighter. It has this really beautiful pinkish beige (a lot like Hourglass Dim Light)
I think if you’re a lighter lass, however, you’ll be able to rock it in more ways — as a bronzer, contouring powder, you name it.
Kelly’s blush, Cheeky Bugger, doesn’t really set my world on fire, but it sure lasts a long time. Easily all day long.
The MAC Kelly Osbourne Eye Kohl in Smolder and Jumbo Penultimate (liner) in Rapidblack
Good ol’ MAC Smolder. Hard to go wrong with this tried-and-true basic black. I wore it all through last winter when every other black liner irritated the heck out of my water lines.
But really, did they need to re-promote it? You can get it in the permanent line any old day.
Jumbo Penultimate in Rapidblack has popped up in previous limited edition releases before, and has always been a pain in my butt.
Maybe I just have small weirdo fingers, but I can’t hold it correctly for some reason. I just think it’s hard to use. The felt tip doesn’t have a lot of give, and I can’t draw a straight line with it. Not my favorite.
The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Kelly sub-collection includes…
- Matte Lipstick in Strip Poker, a light nude, $17.50
- Matte Lipstick in Riot House, a light vivid orange, $17.50
- Satin Lipstick in Kelly Yum Yum, a bright blue pink, $17.50
- Matte Lipstick in Dodgy Girl, a light lavender, $17.50
- Lip Pencil in In Synch, a bright yellow pink, $16.50
- Jumbo Penultimate liner in Rapidblack, a true black, $22
- Eye Kohl in Smolder, an intense black, $17.50
- Bloody Brilliant Quad with Tickety Boo (a soft muted plummy brown with a Satin finish), Fizzy Rose (a aple lilac with a Satin finish), Spoonful of Sugar (a sparkling platinum with a Veluxe Pearl finish) and Shadowy Lady (a blackened plum with a matte finish), $44
- Morning Mister Magpie, with Soba (a soft taupe with a Satin finish) and Brun (a dark brown with a Satin finish), $22
- Powder Blush in Cheeky Bugger, a peach brown with a Satin finish, $22
- Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Jolly Good, a light cool beige and a soft pale pink, $33
- Brush in 219SE, a pencil brush, $27.50
- Brush in 167SE, a flat buffer brush, $58
Available online June 2 at maccosmetics.com, at all North American MAC locations June 12, 2014 through July 10, 2014, and internationally (except China) at select MAC locations August 2014.
Kelly lip products coming atchu next.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Look, Mom! More MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection coverage…
- Food for Thought: 7 Lip Combos With the New MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Eyes and Cheeks
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Eyes & Cheeks