What are the things that make you feel like the best version of you?
I was thinking about this today, because one of my goals this week is to do the things that serve me in a positive way, and I started by doing my hair this morning.
It’s amazing what getting my mop out of a messy bun does for my mood. Fun-buns are easy, and easy can be gloriously good, but sometimes Fun-buns make me feel disheveled, so when I take the time and make the effort to style my hair, I feel better and more capable.
Other things that help me…
- Going to bed early (this one’s a challenge for me because all I wanna do at the end of the day is veg out on my couch.)
- Cutting down on screen time, especially mindless scrolling before bed. If I leave the phone alone for at least an hour before I go to sleep, I fall asleep so much faster, and my next day is so much better.
- Eating lots of fresh vegetables (I have so much more energy when I do this, so yay for leafy greens!)
- Being militant about time management and keeping track of time (otherwise, every task will take two times longer than it needs to)
- Stretching for at least 10 minutes every day
- Putting on a little bit of makeup. At the very least, blush, bronzer, mascara and lippie!
Also, trying to help other people always makes me feel like the best version of myself, and when I radiate happiness and light, it comes right back. 😊
What are the things that make you feel like the best version of you? Volunteering? Drinking enough water (it makes a HUGE difference, doesn’t it?)? Curling your lashes? Going to the beach?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,