Transcript of me talking to a stranger in a Nordstrom Rack fitting room a few weeks ago:
Me: “Oh, my god. Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod. OH. MY. GAWD!”
Stranger in the stall next to me: *knocks politely on wall* “Miss? Are you doing OK?”
Me: “Yeah, I’m OK. I’m so sorry. I forget sometimes that I’m, ya know, out in public.”
Stranger in the stall next to me: “Erh… Alright.”
This exchanged happened as I was trying on the DKNY Fusion Perfect Bra, a lightly padded underwire t-shirt bra.
This exchange also happened shortly before I bought all of the available Fusion Perfect Bras in my size in the store (there were two!), and a few hours prior to me buying three more online at nordstromrack.com.
Seriously, SO GOOD.
My new favorite affordable everyday bra
The Fusion Perfect Bra is regularly $42, but it’s on sale now for $18.97 at “DA RACK,” as I like to call it, and while a few of the colors are sold out, there are still a good number of sizes and shades available. If you can snag your size in a color you like, all I have to say is…do your boobies a favor, and get them into this ultimate over-the-shoulder boulder holder.
Props to the marketing peeps who came up with the phrase, “perfect fusion,” because this bra is indeed a perfect blend of functionality, fit and feel.
It’s bra nirvana!
The material, a mix of nylon and elastane (a.k.a. Spandex), is softer than a baby’s cheek, a bunny tail AND your favorite cozy couch blanket, and it’s worked into two silky smooth cups and a velvety band that hug your torso with a gentle touch that’s so comfy I sometimes forget I’m wearing a bra.
It’s definitely NOT one of those itchy, ill-fitting bras that poke you and that you immediately ditch the second you get in your car (wait, am I the only person who’s done this?). I could keep this bra on all day (and possibly all night) if I needed or wanted to.
Oh, how do I love this bra?
Let me count the ways!
- So flexible: The smooth material allows the bra to sit perfectly under both flowing tops and fitted tees, and it somehow miraculously seems to never get too hot against my skin.
- No slip: The straps are slightly thicker than your typical bra straps (but they’re still slim enough to seem dainty), and they prevent the bra from sliding down my shoulders!
- Off the hook: The clasp in the back with the hook and eye is easy to fasten.
- Big ups to the cups: I like that the cups high up enough that there’s no boob spillage over the top of my bra, and no weird gaps. I also like that the padding is light enough to hide les nips, but yet it isn’t so stiff that I feel like I’m walking around town with pot holders strapped to the front of my chest.
- Delightful details: The sweet bow in the front and the little teardrop peek of skin underneath it lend a feminine, dainty touch. Oh, and I also dig the subtle DKNY branding on the side. There’s a small logo at the base of the band, and it’s barely visible.
Seriously, it’s the best everyday bra I’ve found, and judging by the gobs of glowing reviews on the Nordstrom Rack site, I’m not the only one enamored with it.
Boobies everywhere are rejoicing!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,