Happy Caturday, my friend. You know that all is well in the world when you walk into a HomeGoods and see a plethora of cat lady mugs 🤗😸☕ on the shelves near the cash registers.
(This is an important signal.)
One could build an entire collection of kitty-themed mugs based solely on quick jaunts to HomeGoods. (Ha ha ha, is there even such a thing? I’m lucky if I get out of there in half an hour.)
I love the chonky kittehs on the “Catfinated” mug and the sweet Siamese posing betwixt the flowers, especially.
Today, I’m enjoying my morning brew from my trusty XXL kitty teacup, which was also a HomeGoods find, and catching up on my reading.
I’m smack-dab in the middle of reading Maida Heatter’s Brand New Book of Great Cookies (FEELING THIS SO HARD) and The Modern Cook’s Year, by Anna Jones (eh, kinda boring). I’m also listening to an audiobook of Michelle Obama’s autobiography, Becoming.
So many books, so little time.
By the way, for all my fellow chocolate-chip cookie fanatics, according to Maida Heatter, the key to making the perfect chocolate-chip cookie is doubling the vanilla, and using chocolate bars cut into pieces, instead of chips. Then, pop the batter in the fridge.
Who wants to make these cookies with me??
Before we start, here’s this weekend’s reading, and yay! — there were LOTS of cat stories in the news!
- Good news! Your cat may not totally hate you. A new study by animal behavior researchers suggests that cats may bond to their people, just like dogs and babies do.
- You know you’re a crazy cat
ladydude when your cat is the best “man” at your wedding.
- Meet Dr. Leon, an attorney who also just so happens to be a cat! His duties include welcoming guests to the office, and, being cute. Oh, and you know he’s official because he has a name badge. 👩💼
- Estimates indicate that more than half of the indoor cats in the U.S. are overweight. While some kitties can self-regulate their food, most indoor cats need help keeping the pounds off.
- Kitties always find their way home — even plush toy kitties! Meet Plurna the cat, who went missing for 14 years but was recently found.
- The best makeup, hair and nails from Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2020, according to Allure.
- Artificial skin is a thing.
- Apparently, baby pink nail polish is back. (Um…am I the only one out there who didn’t know it left?)
- Will somebody please explain to me why these Barbies look like Kardashians…
Happy fall, y’all!
Doing this ASAP.
I’ve been watching time management vids all week long.
Note to self…
I’m all about the 10-minute makeup life.
Have a wonderful weekend! 🤗
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,