Rise and shine, morning glory. Good morning. If there’s one huge lesson I’ve learned from 2020 so far, it’s to not take the little things for granted, because those little things — like stepping outside your door and taking a few deep breaths of clean, fresh air — those are the big things, which is why you’re going to have to put up with me posting pictures of the sky for a bit…
It’s been three weeks since I’ve been able to enjoy simply going outside, taking a walk and breathing. Finally, the smoke has cleared over the Bay Area. The sky is no longer Martian orange, and we’ve had healthy air quality for three days in a row (!).
A couple days ago we even woke up to fog.
FOG! Wonderful, wet, glorious fog!
I’m loving the gray tones in this pic, by the way. I feel like somewhere in there is a nail polish shade we all need in our lives ASAP.
Overall, this has been that kind of year, hasn’t it? Challenging, and we have to take the good things wherever we can find them.
On that note, more gardening in the front yard today. We’re planting our Muskogee Crape Myrtle tree, and to quote Ri-Ri, I need to “work, work, work, work, work, work.”
While I go put some weed mesh down, here’s your Saturday reading…
- RIP, RBG. ❤️ Thank you for everything you did for us. 👩⚖️
- This is what it’s like to take a theater makeup class for college drama students right now.
- Vera Steimberg, a makeup artist in Hollywood who’s been working in the industry for two decades, talks about diversity, representation, and the things she’s been doing to encourage women who want to get into the business.
- This makeup artist transforms herself into celebs, and the transformation is shockingly accurate.
- Fragrances are everywhere, including remote places like mountaintop glaciers!
- In case you’ve got an extra $$$$ sitting around for perfume, Avon is releasing a new scent that costs $1,200.
- And in this week’s edition of “nothing really shocks me anymore,” TikTokers are now using nail files to shave their teeth.
- What happens when dudes add cats to their dating profile pic?
I’ve been craving boba for months.
Who’s going to make this for me?!
I’m down for easy glam.
Love this look
Talk to you soon, my friend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,