Good morning from the Bay Area! It’s that time of year around here when the microclimates go cray. You can leave the house in shorts and a sleeveless shirt and be desperate for a warm sweatshirt a few hours later. People are NOT playing when they say to bring layers for Bay Area adventures. The pic up top was from the beach a couple weeks ago in the heat of summer. It was warm enough to play at the edge of the water (granted, just our feet because it was cold!), but that pretty much sums it up.
What are you up to today? I hope it involves a little rest and reading.
Speaking of that…your beauty links for the week:
- You can now buy a makeup mirror with Alexa built into it, and all I have to say to that is SNOOZE. Call me when she can actually do winged liner for me.
- The New York Times asks, “Are you being kind to your butt?” (P.S. Apparently, butt skin care masks are a thing now.)
- Favorite quote of the week: “Eventually…I was caught. My mom got home early from work one day and found me in her room wearing her favorite red lipstick. I learned one thing that day that forever stuck with me after the fact: you can’t trick your mom for as long as you think you can.”
- These two clever penguins keep sneaking into a sushi shop.
- According to NYFW, basic beauty is dead.
- I’ve been spending a lot of time on the Marin Humane Society website lately, and I just found out they have a lot of in-depth and useful resources on cat and dog behavior in their Training Handouts section. (And they come in both English and Español!)
- Sasha Plavsic, the founder of clean beauty brand Ilia Beauty, is obsessed with typography.
- Got a pimple? Cover AND heal it with these cute yellow star stickers.
- NYFW also told us that hair scarves are going to be everywhere come spring/summer 2020 (yikes, did I just really type “2020?”).
Easy hair styles with a scarf
I want to try these styles, too.
When Riri stands up and starts clapping, you’re doing something right.
I needed this today.
Now, this is usually the point when I go get another cup of coffee, but I’m going to make a green juice instead because my body is craving spinach… Does that ever happen to you? And sometimes I don’t want to expend the effort to actually sit down and eat a big bowl of it, so I just blitz it in my Ninja Blender with some fruit. That’s where I am in life right now, LOL! 😂
Anyway, have a great rest of your weekend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,