Well, hello there, Caturday! 😊😺
This entire week, I’ve been diligently focusing on appreciating the little things, like that first sip of coffee in the morning… Oh! It gives me life!
Or like the cat weaving between my legs as I stand at the sink washing my face in the morning.
Or like glancing over at my bedside table to see new (to me) nighttime skincare treatments…
Retinol, baby! I have seen the light (thank you, Kate Somerville). I just finished a bottle of her +Retinol Vita C Power Serum Firming + Brightening Treatment, and I fully intend to eventually get it again in the next month or two, but before that, I’m trying out Estée Lauder’s Perfection Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment.
And I’m also trying EL’s Advanced Night Repair serum, too, because I’ve heard good things (like that it’s great for dry skin).
I think I might be on the road to becoming a full-blown “retinol enthusiast.” I see a shelf weighed down by waaaaay too many tubes and bottles of retinol treatments in my future…
If you like retinols as much as I do, drop me a comment to tell me about your favorite one! 😁
I’m convinced now that keeping retinols/nighttime skincare potions on my bed stand is the way to go, because that way I’m less likely to forget to use them, and I can just reach over and apply a layer before I zonk out.
And now for your Saturday Surfing reading…
- Very soon, you’ll be able to try on and test makeup, Sephora-style, at CVS.
- Makeup artists who work on romantic comedy sets reveal the best lipsticks for making out.
- Hello Kitty skincare is launching at Ulta.
- Sunday Riley has settled with the FTC after the company was accused of posting fake reviews of their products on Sephora’s website for two years (!).
- Expert hair removal tips ahead: professional pole dancers reveal everything they do to get smooth, silky skin.
- The exact red lipstick Angelina Jolie wears as Maleficent.
- This Philippine-based beauty brand is making major waves with makeup artists and beauty lovers with their line of lightweight, long-lasting matte lipsticks.
- The language of kitty purrs has yet to be fully decoded, but according to some experts, purring can mean contentment, nervousness, fear and stress.
- The 14 Products a Veteran Beauty Writer Uses (Almost) Every Night
- Taking a trip with your kitty over the holidays? Here’s a list of the best travel gear for cats (and yes, it includes a portable litter box).
- Purr-haps you’d like to surprise your feline friend with a special treat? National Cat Day is just around the corner (October 29), after all. 😺
- Because it’s the season of le chat noir, here are 13 black cats to add to your Instagram feed.
- The feline designs on this sidewalk make this walkway the place for cool cats.
- What to do when you suspect your cat is cheating on you…
I have to wear my hair up and off my face when I work at the bakery, so I’ve been all about scarf tutorials lately.
More hair ideas!
Doing this today. Who’s with me?
I’m off to Michaels now to see if I can snag any last-minute Halloween decorations on sale (they get you with those coupons, man), as well as some frosting tips so I can practice decorating cupcakes at home.
What are you up to this weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Any other California peeps wondering if PG&E is going to turn off their power? ⚡